The Power Within: Chapter 13

{Jocelyn's POV}

Shit. "Dad, please tell me you-" He cuts me off. "What? See my daughter fall 6 feet off a floating chair onto hard marble steps?!" His eyebrows scrunch together while his eyes narrow at Mitch, who he trusted would keep me safe.

Dad points at Mitch and moves his hand up and down, scolding him. "You, you were suppose to keep her safe!" Mitch's eyes widen when he finds himself being lifted off the ground. "You- all of yo-" he doesn't finish. Dad starts gradually closing his fists which causes Mitch and everyone else to start gagging for air.

I sit there on the floor with a twisted ankle, watching this happen. "Father, stop! It was just an accident!" He ignores me and continues choking Team Crafted (Ty is still not here though). "Accident or not, you're still hurt!" Talk about an overprotective father.

Tension and anger build inside of me as I saw Mitch fall weaker because of the lack of air. Everyone was begging for oxygen. Some, like Ian, stopped trying to escape. "Stop it! You're hurting them." I yell, but he still doesn't hear me. I weakly stand up hopping a little to balance my body againest the stair railing.

"Stop!" Anger grew more and more inside if me, causing my hand to push againest the air infront me towards my father. He screams and flies across the room hitting a wall filled with pictures. Glass shatters from the dropping frames onto the floor near him.

Mitch and everyone else drop onto the floor and held there throats, coughing as if they still felt the power choking them. Jason, however, wasn't coughing or breathing heavily. He was just lying on the floor with his hand rubbing his throat.

I look back at my outstretched hand, then at my father who was rubbing his forehead. He placed his palm over his forehead and when he took it off saw blood covering it. "Father, I-" He puts up his hand signaling me to silence. My father struggles to get, but finally does. "Look Jocelyn, you're coming home with me. Understand?" He says more relaxed. "But-" he cuts me off again. "Understand?" He says more stern and demanding like he's forcing me to agree.

I look down at my feet. One lifted a little above the ground and one holding up my body weight. My father kneels down and touches my twisted ankle, causing it to heal. I place it down gently and look back at him. "Can," I pause and turn to Jason, Jerome, Adam, Quentin, Ian, and Mitch. "Can I at least say goodbye?" I ask with a frown. He doesn't say anything. He just nods.

First, I go over to Adam, Ian, and Quentin who were all huddled together coughing and holding their throats. "You guys alright?" I ask holding out my hands for Ian and Adam who were lying on the floor. They grab it and rub their necks. "Yeah. Still coughing and breathing deep, but we're okay." I lift a corner of my mouth to show I feel sympathy for them.

"Please, Jocelyn, don't go." Quentin pleads. "I'm sorry, but I have to." Quentin opens his arms and pulls me into a hug, with Ian and Adam joining seconds later. As we pull away, I wave goodbye and move onto Jerome and Jason.

"Sorry about that guys. I was trying my best to stop him." Jerome smiles at me and stands up. "It's," he coughs, then continues. "Okay, Jocelyn. We understand."

"You're my favorite Bacca, Jerome." I embrace Jerome, then shift over to Jason who was still on the floor.

"Jason, how are you not coughing like the others?" I ask helping him stand. His eyebrows lift in shock. "I, I don't know. I just placed my hand on my neck and I was fine."

It's liked he just healed himself. Wait. Only the most powerful can heal. I'm such an idiot for not seeing! It's Jason who I'm searching for. He's my partner in crime! Jason is the one who had the ultimate power! He's just like me! I've always thought it was Jerome or Mitch, but no, it's Jason. But I shouldn't tell him just yet. Who knows what he could do?

"You're not really leaving, are you?" He asks hugging me. I speak softly into his ear. "I'm afraid so, Jason." I peck a kiss on his cheek and move onto Mitch.

He was still weak from the loss of oxygen, but manages to stand up to look at me. "Don't go. You were the awesomest thing that's ever happened to us-to me." Heat rushes to my cheek and I smile. "Thanks Mitch." I pull him close to me for an embrace and he whispers something in my ear.

"Anyway we can show your father I don't want to lose you? Maybe a way he can see we truly love each other? He could probably let you stay." I smile and whisper back. "I think we are thinking about the same idea." He stills holds me close and talks into my ear. "Release me hesitantly." I do as I was told and let go. He tries his best to cover his mouth speaking to me. "Place both hands onto the side of my face." I then place both hands on both sides of his jaw. "Now pull me in." "What?" I ask in confusion. "Kiss me."

Butterflies flutter inside my stomach with heat flowing everywhere. I hold my position for a few more seconds, then connect our lips. We kiss with passion. Hopefully, enough to convince my father to let me stay. We slowly part from each other and I turn to my father who was unamused.

It didn't work. "Goodbye, Mitch." I say aloud. I see Jason and the others staring wide eyed at Mitch and I. "C'mon Jocelyn." My father gestures me to follow him out the door and I do. I look over my shoulder before I leave, seeing everyone watching me leave. I then turn back and run into Jerome hugging him with everyone else joining.

"I'll miss you guys. I love you all so much." I feel tears form wetting Jerome's shirt, but he doesn't seem to care. "We love you too, Jocelyn." Jason says. After, our few moments of embracing each other. I let go and walk back outside where my father awaits.

"This is for your own good, Jocelyn." My father says just before he snaps us back home.

{Wooooo! Finished this chapter. yey c: Anyways last time I writing this chapter my iPod died on me before I could save any of my work. I literally went crazy and raged. meh. Sorry for any mistakes. I'll try and fix them. PEACESKIES!}