The Power Within: Chapter 16

"Oh, oops," the voice trails off. A familiar figure stands at the top of the steps and makes it's way down do us. "Well, didn't expect to see you back." Ava. "How'd you know?" I ask without making eye contact. "Look," She looks passed my head staring at Jason, Mitch, and Jerome. "Leave." Ava pushes them back outside and shuts the door with one swipe of her hand, locking it after. 

Ava smirks and bringing her hands  toward her chest, then pushing foward causing me to tumble backwards. I groan in pain. Rubbing my forehead I weakly make my body stand, but suddenly find my right cheek on the floor. She proudly walks towards my fallen body and places the heel of her pure red platform pumps. I wince at the sharp pain that passes through my stomache. "Your so weak for something that's supposibly powerful." I struggle to turn, so i could speak to her wicked face. "I...asked you...a question." She smiles. "A little curly haired bird told me." Ava removes her heel and kicks me in the same spot the heel wound is, then slowly circles my fully weakened self.

"While those three losers were rescuing their princess, I decided to come back and..." She pauses and turns back to me with a cheeky smile. "Have some fun." I wince again as I lift the weight of myself back up and place my palms over the heel wound. Before I say a word, she lifts me up and throws me to a chair. The glass of the front door breaks and falls into pieces, revealing Mitch holding a large stick in his hands. Jason peaks over Mitch's shoulder and his expression turns haunted seeing some blood trickling down my shirt.

"Who the hell are you?!" Jerome says stepping into the open portion of the glass. Ava's head slightly tilts and she smiles. "Ava. and I said. to leave." In the middle of her lifting her hands to them three, Jerome and Mitch lift theirs and push her, sending her flying outside to where the pool is located. She takes one last glance at me. Her eyes were so gentle looking. I could see the other side of Ava, the soft side of  her. She breaks our stare and lifts the water, then splashes Mitch and Jerome causing them to stop and let her escape. 

Jason walks over to me and carries me bridal style. While rushing to the tan couch, Jason presses my head against his chest. I could feel the wetness of tears covering his shirt. I know my expression is blank because I only have tonight and tomorrow morning until it's time. 

{Jason's POV}

I rush towards the L-shaped couch and gently place Jocelyn onto it. Mitch and Jerome grab towels not only for themselves, but for Jocelyn. "Lift your shirt up to where it is, Jocelyn." She does as told and weakly lifts her shirt. Jocelyn's grip tightens as the bloody wound is shown. Jerome places a wet towel on top along with another placed by Mitch. "You're gonna be okay. It isn't that deep." I sit down and lay her hand on my lap, stroking her hair to comfort her.

"Mitch, you and Jerome look for Adam and the other. I'll stay with Jocelyn." "Alright, buddy. C'mon biggums." Mitch pats Jerome's back signaling him to follow. They bothhead up the stairs and yell everyone's names. As they do their job, I continue to stroke Jocelyn's incredibly soft hair. I look at her absent face with tears streaming down.

"Hey, it's okay. Ava's gone." She  sniffs and winces as she raises one hand to wipe off the tears. "She's never gone." I knew what she meant by that. Ava's circling Jocelyn's mind. 

"Just stop thinking of her." She faces me. "You know I can't do that."  I shake my head. "Actually, I don't." Jocelyn faintly smiles, but it quickly turns blank. "I don't want to become one of her."

"You won't."

"You don't know that, Jason."

"You don't either."

Our conversation is interrupted by the voices of Adam, Mitch, Jerome, Ian, and Quentin. "Doc Q!" A few moments later Jerome and Mitch came down, followed by the others. They weren't hurt as much by the looks of it. "What'd she do to you?" Adam sat down on the opposite side of Jocelyn and spoke. "That creepy girl? She physically injured us by throwing us around and crap. We had to tell her where Jocelyn was and Ian sort of told her you guys were bringing her back here." Ian looks down in shame. "I'm sorry." A corner or Jocelyn's lip twitches alittle. "It's alright." 

***

"We better get some rest, doods. Big day ahead of us." Ian says heading back to his room. Everyone else head back to their rooms except for Jocelyn and I. "We should go to sleep. Here," I move her head and stand up. Just as I was picking her up, Jocelyn groaned. "Sorry." I carried her bridal style all the way to her room.

I open the door with my shoulder and setted Jocelyn on her already set up bed. I kiss her forehead and start towards the door. "Jason, wait." A hand grab my wrist. "Stay with me. Please?" I look at her shirt that was still stained. Her bleeding had stopped a few hours ago, just to let you know. "You better change first. It looks like your period  traveled to you stomache." I laugh as she attempts to slap me coyly. "Look away then." I bring myself into a corner and sit down crossed legged as if I was a child introuble. 

The sound of drawers being opened and the creaking of the floors filled the silence. I took a tiny glance over my shoulder. She's slipping on a rainbow tie-dyed shirt. Jocelyn had already put on plaid flannel peacock green shorts. I quickly turned my head noticing her body turning towards me. "You can come out of time-out now." Jocelyn smiles into the bed sheets and watches move to the bedside. 

I decided to remove my shirt because of some blood that was stained onto it. Jocelyn's eyes become bug eyed and I could see her blushing. I hop beside her and wrap Jocelyn in my arms. "Night, Jason."

"Night, Jocelyn."

"I love you."

I pause for a moment and smile, then lean down to kiss her forehead, but end up kissing her lips. We weren't too rough, but not gentle. The kiss was just...perfect. There's absolutely no way to explain it. We part from the kiss and she rests her head against my bare chest. 

"I love you, too."

{Woah, it's been 6 days since I updated. I'm so sorry to keep you waiting. Bleh I feel ashamed. Anyway there's only 8 more days 'til Divergent comes out in theaters! YAYAYAY <3 Sorry for any mistakes. I'll probably fix them sooner or later. PEACESKIES}