The Power Within: Chapter 21

{Jocelyn's POV}

Jason wraps his arm around me by the waist and we both enter the house. When we do, Ty was on the floor with his eyes closed and everyone having a concerned look on their faces.

I run towards them and hear the faint groans coming from Ty. "What happened?" I say now kneeling beside Ty. "I don't know, we were just talking about how Jason stormed off. All of a sudden Ty just fell." Adam says observing Ty.

"Do you think he's still conscious?" Quentin asks trying to look past everyone's head. Ian shakes his head. "It's a possibility he's in a coma."

A loud crash from the kitchen catches my attention as well as everyone else's. I run towards the sound of shattering glass and see Ava standing with glasses levitating in the thin air.

"Oh hey Jocelyn. Care to help me rearrange some things?" She snickers and smashes the glass. "What the hell, Ava?!" I say quickly looking at the floor. "What? I'm just having some fun. Also, I'm waiting for your claiming." She smirks and continues smashing plates and glass.

"Jocelyn..." Jason trails off when he notices the glass and Ava. "What are you doing here?" He says angrily. "So this is Mr.Lover Boy? Kind of pathetic looking." Ava looks straight into Jason's eyes.

"Choked up a bit, aren't we?" I face Jason and see him struggling for air, his body tense. "Ava stop!" I yell and push her, causing her to slam against the counter. Jason returns to normal and falls weakly onto the floor. "Come and get me, Jocelyn!" Ava dashes out of the kitchen and outside of the house. Without thinking, I exit the kitchen and follow behind her finding projectiles to throw at her.

"Get back here, Ava." Our surroundings start to change and we are now in a similar forest. We end up being surrounded by tall trees; a forest. Ava finally stops in the middle of a familiar open field.  Ava looks down at her golden watch and up at the sky. She smirks and chuckles. "Almost midnight, Jocelyn dear! You will be with me right when the moon strikes you!" Ava laughs as if mad.

I throw my hand at her and lighting strikes near Ava to tumble to her side. Shuffling from inside the forest catches my attention giving the chance for Ava to throw me across to a large tree. My head slams against the bark and my vision blurs.

Two blurred-out figures appear from the forest and run up to Ava.  "Stay away from her!" an unclear voice yells. I couldn't hear well with the ringing in my ears. A figure is thrown towards the top of the hill. Possibly Ava.

I attempt to rise, but I'm to light-headed and the world feels like it's spinning around me.

"Quentin?" someone says confused and worried. A gunshot  is heard and someone falls. My vision clears from me blinking multiple times. I rub my forehead and stand, wobbling a bit as I do. The two figures belonged to Quentin and someone who lies on the ground. Ava laughs softly to herself as she watches me get closer the still figure. As I get closer, I notice who the familiar body belonged to..Jason.

Tears start to form blurring my vision a bit. I fall to my knees and cup my hands around his pale face. "Jason...Jason?" I whisper quietly. I feel blood streaming out staining his clothing. Quentin walks up to me and  I could hear his light sobs. "Jocelyn, I didn't- I wasn't-" My expression becomes deadpan and I stand facing Quentin who holds a gun in his hands, but drops it into the grass.

Ava speaks smiling. "People turn  on each other so easily. Ain't that right, Jocelyn?" I ignore her and keep my glare on Quentin. "Jocelyn, I'm sor-" I don't care. I stare more intently and he is struck by lightning. "That's right, almost midnight." Ava says the last part more quiet.

Fury and sadness build up creating madness in my mind. My body tenses and heat rushes threw it. Raising both hands halfway towards the sky, Dark, rolling clouds appear filled with hard rain and lightning. It begins to drizzle then thunderstorm seconds after. I hear  some screams from a distance, but then Jason's whisper. "Jocelyn...stop." I look down at him and his appearance changes into someone else. Mitch.

"Mitch?" I whisper squinting at him to see if it was really him. I bend down and observe him. "W-why would you...?" I stopped myself and began to cry. "It's alright. I'm alright." I shake my head. "No you aren't you had just been shot!" More and more tears not only from, but from Mitch as well. His hand reaches my cheek and rests there. I place my hand on his holding it feeling the coldness of his.

"We found the way to help you get rid of your family curse...it's for someone to sacrifice their life while saving you. I figured," He coughs. "I figured looking like Jason would trick Ava into killing me because of how much he means to you." Mitch smiles weakly. "Claim whatever you want. It's your destiny."

"I can't just choose. Female cas-" Mitch expression is now faint. "That doesn't matter. You can choose. Don't let Ava fool you, Jocelyn." He pauses for a moment and observes my face now ith streams of tears. "You're so beautiful. I love you, Jocelyn." and those were his final words. I wrap myself around him bawling from the sadness inside. "Please, don't leave me. Please." I whisper sniffling and sobbing.

After a few minutes, the moon appears from behind a clouds in the sky. Ava laughs in excitement. "Yes! You're too late, Jocelyn! it's time for your claiming!" I stand and gaze at the moon. Rising my hand towards it, the moon fades and then completely disappears. When Ava sees this, her expression is blinking. "Nobody nowhere can do that." She faces me and runs towards me and pleads. 

"Let me go! I'm sorry for everything I've done! Remember how I ran away to protect you! Jocelyn please!" She whimpers and I stare at her firmly. "Leave." Ava sniffs before rising to her feet. "What?" She says raspy. "Leave and never return to me or my friends." She shakily nods and dashes down the hill.

When she is out of sight, my expression turn doleful remembering that Mitch -the one i've liked from the beginning- is now gone. I see more people running towards us. Jerome, Adam, Ian, Ty, and Jason. Quentin groans and sits upright. Jerome kneels with me and comforts me wrapping his arm around me. Jason does the same and I lean on Jason's shoulder.

"He was brave and sweet enough to do this for you." Ian says. Adam kneels near Mitch's head and closes his eyes to seem like Mitch was now just resting. "Can't you heal him?" Jerome asks cracking his voice. I can understand Jerome's sadness. Mitch and him were buddies ever since fourth grade and now Mitch has passed away.

"No...he's gone already."

{Unknown's POV}

Jocelyn's tears start soaking Jason's sleeve. Jerome and Ian come back from their short flower-picking and rest daisies on Mitch's hands then rest his hands on his chest. Adam and Ian head down the hill first then is followed by Jason and Jocelyn. Jerome is left behind still kneeling beside Mitch.

"I wish I could've done something for you biggums. You are the best benja in the world. I'll never forget that. Merome will still live even though you're gone. I'll keep it trending...just for you, buddy." He smiles and wipes a tear falling on his cheek with the heel of his hand. He takes one last glance and stands up following everyone else.

After Jerome leaves, a puff of white fog appears and covers Mitch. When the fog disappears, Mitch's body is gone, but a special flower is left behind. A middlemist camellia.

{Awe. Mitch is gone. I'm sorry I had to chose someone who cared for Jocelyn and was her "boyfriend" Tear Tear. The merome feels. </3 This isn't the end, but the next one will probably be the end. Anyways, leave a vote and or/comment about Mitch's death. Sorry for any careless mistakes. I'll find them later. Bye.}