The Power Within: Chapter 17

{Ty's POV}

There has to be a way out of here. I whisper to myself pacing around the concrete floor. Observing my surroundings, there was a brick that looked slightly loosened and unique compared to the others. I move towards the brick and as I get closer, there wasn't just one brick like this. There was plenty more exactly like this one.

"This has to be the way out. It just has to be."

I balance my body and kick down the bricks. After the bricks fall, a tunnel is revealed from behind it, possibly leading to my freedom. The tunnel looks about the size of a plastic circular sled. I'm pretty sure this was made by the previous prisoner, but I'm not sure he even finished. "Just hope for the best, Ty."

I take a deep breath and make my way inside the tunnel. The ground feels like marsh and it had a few creatures waiting for me. For instance, this spider and worm I just came across. I shiver by the nastiness of the tunnel, but keep moving. I notice a steep drop ahead and stop to decide I I should risk it or not.

"Just do it. You can't turn back now. Not now." I say reassuring myself. I begin to continue and slide down the steep muddy hill. I scream as I fall quickly down. Mud and spiderwebs is all I could feel crashing onto my face. Finally making it to the bottom, I gradually slow and come to a stop. From the looks of it, I can see the moonlight shining upon the beautiful green grass.

Sighing in relief to see light, I move forward. Just after a few minutes, I find myself outside with a nice breeze blowing across the field surrounding me. A faint voice catches my attention. "Here, there's an escape route! C'mon!" Crap. Without hesitation, I search for the bright lights of L.A., then start to sprint towards them. While running to the city, I smile and laugh as if I was a lunatic.

Freedom. It will probably take me a few hours to get there, but I know- I just know...I'll be free.

{Jocelyn's POV}

I awaken finding Jason still fast asleep. He looks so adorable when he sleeps. For a few moments more, I rest my head against his chest and smile. As I was starting to feel my eyes droop, a loud pounding and the sound of the multiple doorbells catch my attention. I gently remove Jason's arms that were attached to me and head downstairs, rubbing my eyes and yawning along the way.

"Oh, hey Ty." A voice from below says. I blink once or twice, then my vision becomes clearer. Standing at the doorway was Adam with Jerome, then Ty looking as exhausted as ever. "What happened to you?" Jerome sad between a yawn. Ty heavily breathes and responds. "A girl...she- she captured me or something like that. I was at Jo-" Adam places his hand tiredly over Ty's mouth. "Hold that thought. I'll get the rest of the group."

Adam faces me and smiles. "Morning, Jocelyn." I shortly wave and make my way downstairs, passing Adam along the way.

***miniature

Everyone is now downstairs still tired from waking up around...8:00am or something like that. "Alright, Ty." Mitch finishes rubbing his eyes and turns to face Ty who is covered with muck and smells like a sweaty gym. I stuff my nose into someone's shirt and find it's Jason's. He looks down and smiles. "I'm just going to use this for now." Smiling into his shirt, he pecks my forehead with a kiss and we turn our attention to Ty.

"So, I was at Jocelyn's house," He looks at me. "Not you, Jocelyn, but my girlfriend and...when Jocelyn went upstairs I heard the doorbell. Then-" Quentin yawns disturbingly. "Long story short, Ty." Ty clears his throat. "I was captured and put into a prisoner cell. I tried to escape using my powers, but this guy, what was his name? um...Bryan! Yeah, Bryan is just like us except he lost his powers trying to leave. Eventually, I found a way out of that crappy place and now I'm here."