56

I didn’t say much. Not anything at all actually. I just repeated my action from earlier and caught hold of his hand, furthermore I squeezed a little closer to him on the couch. I traced the cross tattoo, while he watched me do so. Finally I took a deep breath and looked up at him with a slight smile, “I know you don’t believe in that kind of stuff really - but I’m pretty sure she’s somewhere being very proud of you right now.”

I could see a light of hope grow in his eyes for the shortest matter of time, right before it disappeared again, leaving only the jade green eyes watching me. Then he sent me a small nod, as if that was all he could give me right now. My heart swelled up to the double.

He cleared his throat and moved his attention back to the journal, which was still laying on the table. His voice came out a little thicker this time; “okay next question. What’s the most unusual thing you want to try before you die?”

I managed to smile at the question, he had read aloud. I was always wondering that about people - I knew what I had in mind as an answer for sure. And it could just tell so much about a person. Firstly - with what they even considered unusual. Secondly - with the fact they were dreaming about trying it anyway - no matter how unusual!

“Your questions are so much better than the ones I got - mine are all you know. Usual things. Like; did you have a pet as little? Or like what’s your nickname if you have one anyway?” Impressed he smiled at me, then shook his head lightly as if in disbelief - though somehow I had the feeling he was also trying to shake off whatever feelings still haunted him concerning what had happened to Mrs. Meredith.

“You need some time to think then? I can tell you mine - and then you tell me yours,” I chuckled flashing him a beam filled with warmth. Or so I thought, since I pretty much felt like radiating … heat or happiness right now. I couldn’t really tell which of the two it was.

[harry’s pov]

“Sounds good enough to me,” trying hard to hide it - I was to be honest dead curious right now. God I could barely wait for those kissable lips to part and start telling me. What was the most unusual thing she dreamed about? What was going on in behind that beautiful outside of hers?

She was glowing.

The blush from the warmth in here covered her cheekbones so perfectly - and the way it stood in contrast to her navy striped long sleeved shirt, was magical. She had pushed up the sleeves to her elbows revealing a golden bracelet with different charms hanging from the chain around her wrist. And as usual she wore the elegant slim rings.

“Oh so it sounds good enough to you? I could just imagine,” she sent me a foxy smile testing my patient to the limit while causually taking a sip of her coffee, which by now had to be tepid. Oh so she was one of those who didn’t mind tepid coffee? There was always new things I noticed about her even just by watching her actions. Like how she would push back the hair behind her ear - and away from her face, when she was thoughtful. And how her eyes narrowed the slightest bit when she was listening intensively and interested to someone.

“Yeah I mean it is one of the best questions in the world to ask strangers,” her smile grew wider as she teased me further. Dragging out the time. Oh so, she had most definitely caught onto my curiosity, though I had tried really hard to conceal it. Dammit.

“I’m still a stranger then?” I teased her back nudging her with my shoulder lightly, which merely had her smile at me evilly - knowing she had the upper hand here.

“Well it is only the fourth time we’ve met - if you don’t include that time at the bus. And besides that you’re crazy right?” I rolled my eyes at her, as she started chuckling seeing how I couldn’t sit still any longer from the burning curiosity. I wanted to know everything about her! Whether she liked to sleep late or wake up early. If she prefered summer over winter. What music she listened to. There seemed so little time to get so many questions answered - which was why I grabbed her lightly in the sides. To her utter surprise, she had not seen my attack of tickling coming. It was so easy keeping her in place, while the laughter bubbled from her as she tried pushing me off.  I was much stronger than her though, and watching how she tried escaping me was adorable. It did not get any less charming when she started begging me to let her go.