~Elapse~

~Elaspe~
(Pass or go by)

*****

Who would've known so many things could change in five years?

Lyra leaned against the wall and crossed her arms, hearing the sound of the rain in front of her splatter to the ground.

Pitter patter, that sound never stops, does it?

She finally opened her eyes and looked up at the dark sky. She squinted and glared at it, her lips curling into a sneer. She looked away from the sky and pulled her black hoodie over her head, walking into the rain to get across to the asylum. The sound of her boots walking on the dirty water made Lyra walk even faster. She didn't need to catch a cold. Not now, not when she's so close. She took out her black sunglasses from her hoodie and placed it on her, just in case.

She was still on the run.

By the time she knocked on the door, a sudden chill went up her spine. She had to do this. It's taken her way too long to find her friend.

The door creaked open and a woman came out, a smile plastered on her face. She was creepy. Lyra hated her instantly.

"You must be Lyra, am I correct?" Her voice was distant, like she wasn't the one in control. Her voice was eerie. Lyra nodded silently, pushing her gloved hands inside of her pockets.

The woman nodded and placed her hand on Lyra's arm. Lyra wanted to shove it off of her.

"Come with me dear." And indeed, she came.

Hearing the door close behind Lyra made her feel unsafe. But he shook the feeling off of her and continued followed the woman.

Corridor after corridor, she finally stopped in front of a room. Lyra lifted up her hidden face just a bit and looked around the place, frowning at the sudden ugliness rant appeared in her vision. She looked back to the woman who was calling her over and quickly picked up her pace, standing nervously at the door.

"Just like you said," the woman began. "Twenty minutes." And then she left.

Lyra took in a deep breathe and released it, placing her hand upon the door knob and twisting it, her heart thumping louder than ever.

She was in. Finally.

You're not safe yet, she thought quickly. Right, she wasn't safe. Not yet at least. Or ever. She wasn't ever safe. Lyra still needed to escape this state before anyone could even notice she was here.

"How pretty." Lyra suddenly stilled at that familiar voice. She choked suddenly and felt the urge to cry, she wanted to run away, to escape this place and never return.

How pathetic was that?

"Pretty, pretty. The outside world... is pretty."

Lyra lifted off her hoodie and took off her sunglasses, looking straight at her old friend.

"Alaska," her voice suddenly cracked.

Alaska wasn't the same. Her hair was all messy and was now shoulder length. Her hazel eyes that were so full of life was now dead and looked completely full inside. She was wearing a dirty white shirt and some ripped pants, her wrists and ankles chained up to that thing called a bed.