~Orphic~

Orphic
(mysterious and entrancing; beyond ordinary understanding)

*****

"It's fine. No, really, I'll get back to the organization soon. Just make sure to keep an eye on Lyra and make sure she does everything the doctors say she has to do," Alaska said to the person.

"I'll make sure she'll be fine," Simon responded. "She's resting right now. But you don't need any of us to come with you? It's dangerous for a single member, especially an original, to be out."

"As I've said too many times, sweetie, I'll manage. When Lyra wakes up just tell her I'll be okay."

"Will do. I'm hanging up now."

"Alright," Alaska lifted the phone away from her ear and disposed of the burner phone. She flicked her hair away from her shoulders and walked through the streets, hands in her pocket with a bored look.

Although she said she had something to do, she didn't exactly know how to actually do it.

One thing's for sure: she's gonna get captured again.

Alaska might as well let it happen. It was her goal anyways. Besides, she wasn't too worried about Zero actually taking her away again. No... not at all. This was something completely different.

She was waiting for someone else.

When she was young, Alaska was different. She lived in a higher class society. Naturally, education was strict whenever it came to her, so her days and free time were consisted of plans and schemes. Even from when she was small, she calculated many things and didn't hesitate to take action. Being taught that way, living in that life, she was naturally a good liar and set herself as an angel for the other children.

But that education... it was too much for a young girl to handle. Alaska's eyebrows scrunched up and a frown depended. Though it was something for her to survive on, just as this moment needs it.

"I'll wait," she muttered, "until you show up, I'll wait."

~*~

Sirena stood in front of Lydia with her eyes lowered on the ground. She had a bad morning and didn't want to do anything, but her fiancé's mother had other plans for the girl.

"What about this, sweetie?" The woman placed the wedding gown right up against the blonde's body. "I like the lace, but I don't think there's enough ruffles. Oh! What about a short gown?"

"Oh... I'm okay."

"Nonsense, your mother and I have always talked about your wedding with Levi!" Lydia said while holding out another dress in front of Sirena. "There are several occasions that we need to go to before the big day happens. We need to prepare you to meet the other families!"

Sirens knew what she meant. She was going to have to attend another party and meet Levi's business partners. Sirena didn't know why she had to, it wasn't like she knew anything about what Levi does. Nor did she have the time and patience to know.

"Mrs. Falls-"

"Lydia, dear."

"Lydia-"

"You can call me mother." The woman cheekily grinned as she threw the pile of dresses onto the hands of a worker. "We'll pay for all of that later."

"Mrs. Falls, I don't think I can do this today. Or... any day."

Lydia's smile vanished and she was suddenly confused at this girl. "What are you talking about? Is it the dresses? If they're not to your liking then we'll go and have one custom made just for you, dear."

Sirena sighed and backed away from the woman even further. "I'm sorry... I know I shouldn't say it at a place especially like this, but I don't want to marry your son."

She waited for the fury to happen. A slap or a nasty comment, really. But Lydia Falls didn't do anything like that, she only looked at the blonde in deep thought before whispering for the worker to give them some space. After they left, she turned her gaze to Lyra and frowned at her.

"Why not? I thought you were happy with him."

In that moment, Sirena grabbed her hands and spat, "I can't marry him. Please, don't make me. I-I can't stand to be with him anymore, don't make me go back into his home. I beg of you, help me."

Startled by this revelation, Lydia watched as her friend's daughter broke out in tears and clung onto her arms. She sighed and could only curse her son for being raised so stupidly by her blasted husband.

"What happened, dear? Come, sit down and talk."

As they sat on the chairs, Sirena sneered and told the woman how much she detested Levi. She wasn't thinking straight and therefore explained how much she loathed his existence. But Lydia didn't seem to mind, she kept patting the young adult's head and nodded to whatever she said.

By the end of it all, her face turned red from anger and she finally cussed out loud before scowling, "Blasted fool. I knew I should've hit him for being too spoiled when he was younger! But you didn't explain how you managed to meet Levi. How did that happen?"

Sirena kept silent. Lydia only sighed deeply.

Rising to her feet, she helped the girl up and wiped some of the tears away. "I'll go ahead and tell Levi you're spending a few nights with me. We can talk more in the car and at my manor, Levi wouldn't dare step inside."

"I doubt it." Sirena said grimly.

Exiting from the shops, the two of them returned to the car and finally drove back to Lydia's home. With her husband gone for several days for business, the two of them chatted as long as they could and Sirena felt a huge weight come off her shoulders.

On the other hand, Lydia bit her lip and thought deeply on Sirena. She didn't want the girl to leave, for she was her beloved friend's daughter and practically her goddaughter. But she couldn't help but curse Levi silently.

She knew that she gave Levi the best of everything when he was little. Even when he asked for Sirena's hand in marriage when they first met, Jessica and her were delighted and didn't think too much of anything before agreeing.

"Damned brat..." Lydia soured. "I shouldn't have been so hasty... all of our work might be done for."