~Besotted~

~Besotted~
(Strongly infatuated)

*****

"Welcome to New Orleans, Alaska. Here is the home of many, many jazz and street parties." Flicking a piece of her dark hair away from her orbs, she motioned towards the streets and the people who seem to have lively spirits. The girls only looked at each other, not really fazed by anything.

"Yeah, whatever, it's great." Alaska grabbed her drink and gave it a little sip before grimacing. "The hell?"

"Would you like to stay at a nearby hotel?"

"Hotel? No. Don't we have a place here already being set up?"

"Yeah. Someone's going to pick us up in just a moment."

"What's that?" Pointing over to a stand, Alaska furrowed her brows at a woman, selling many beads and types of jewelry to the people passing though. "I don't understand why so many people have stands out here."

"So others can buy them?" Lyra stood up from her seat. "We can go check them out if you want."

"I don't like necklaces."

"We can head inside-"

"This is a bar, Lyra. I'm sure you don't wanna get drunk here." Retorting, she took a sip of her drink again before scrunching her nose up. "Why do I even bother drinking this?" She pushed it away.

"Oh, there's our driver." Lyra got up and dusted off her jacket. "Alaska?"

"You know, when I think about it, it's only the after taste that's bad. I should probably buy some more of this. What do you think? Wanna try?" The female held up the drink in front of Lyra. With a grimace, she shook her head before hearing the sounds of a tire. Lyra places the drink down and grabbed onto her friend's arm, pulling her out of the seat. "When we arrive to the place, we can do what you want there. I know you're frustrated after waking up from the trip."

"Honestly, I feel like a sack of shit." Alaska sighed as she was dragged over to the car. Getting out of the vehicle, a man wearing a dark naval suit walked towards them with an expressionless face. His head slightly bowed his head down once Lyra neared to him. "Miss, lovely to see you again. The house is all prepared and safe. There's already some members there who are guarding your place."

"Yes, thank you." Lyra nervously grinned as she pushed Alaska into the car, ignoring the sudden that Alaska made when she bumped into the floor of the vehicle. "Ow, you bitch." The woman hissed. "I can get in by myself!"

Lyra quickly squeezed herself in the car and waited until the man started driving off to where their temporary place was at. "Samuel."

"Yes?"

"Have you double checked this place? Or anywhere else in case Zero or his men are here?"

"Yes."

"If anything goes wrong we are to leave the house immediately and go over to the seventh base here," the girl said as Alaska stared at her in confusion. She looked over to her friend and frowned, "What?"

"How many places do you have here?"

"We made sure that there wasn't too many here. If any of the members scatter then it would be easier to separate and hide than be caught in one whole place together. At least that's what Genevieve said before she made the locations," Lyra shrugged. "Samuel?"