~Upheaval~

Upheaval
(a violent or sudden change or disruption to something)

*****

"Ow, ow, ow!" Alaska hissed as she stung her tongue with hot tea. "Demon tea!"

"Alaska... it's called peppermint tea-"

"It's too hot!"

"Then stop drinking it. There's some water in the kitchen. I'm sure you can get it yourself." Lyra arched a brow at her friend. The older female grumbled and stood up, hurriedly walking over to the kitchen to calm her burning tongue. Lyra sighed, leaning back against the dusty chair. They had finally made it to her old base. And luckily, they never spotted Zero's men anywhere near them.

For now, they were figuring out where Sirena was at and putting together some clues. Right now, Lyra knew that Sirena was in another state and had just recently gotten there (some information from Adam before she left). Although she didn't really trust Adam's information about Sirena's whereabouts, he did leave her off with a few more clues. It's as if he wanted her to find Sirena.

But never mind that. There was something that was bugging the young adult's mind now. It was Alaska. The dark haired girl knew she shouldn't feel so suspicious about her friend, but she did. There was something completely off about her old friend. She wasn't that stupid to figure out that something was wrong with Alaska, and Lyra knew that it had to be from the asylum.

Alaska was stuck in the asylum for five years, time changes people, and apparently, their sanity as well... considering the fact how Alaska was just only a confused girl for a moment and then switch off into her old self years ago was shady as hell, it's like she had different personalities. Lyra didn't miss the way Alaska's eyes were; sadistic. After her little run-in with Adam's men, Alaska had a crazed look on her face before he fell asleep in the car. When she did take her nap, she kept on muttering someone just enough for Lyra to hear.

"I'm not crazy."

It creeped her out.

If Alaska really changed, which no doubt she did, then Lyra couldn't trust her friend anymore. Alaska might be planning on selling her out and giving her away to Zero. She knew her old friend was desperate to get away from Zero, and if she lost her sanity during her time in the asylum, there won't be a doubt that Alaska wouldn't hesitate to save her own skin and lose Lyra. Because after all, Alaska made it seem like Lyra was the bad guy.

Lyra didn't disagree.

"I'm back, but my tongue still hurts," Alaska scoffed as she came back inside of the small living room. She took a seat on the big couch and looked over to the dark haired female, "I'm tired."

"You just took a nap in the car, Alaska."

"Apparently, a nap's not enough for me, Lyra. I'm just really tired."

"Go ahead and sleep if you want. I'll just be finding out where Sirena is-"

"Are you really not going to ask me how I did in the asylum for all these years?" Her sharp voice pierced through Lyra's eardrums, making the female wince.

Lyra looked up hesitantly at Alaska's eyes and saw amusement. She saw the sadistic look taking over her, how the edge of her lips curled into a small, small grin. Eventually, it took her a moment to realize that she was only smirking. Alaska brushed off uneven bangs away from her face and stared back at the dark haired female. The both of them waited for anything to break the silence. Lyra felt goosebumps on her arms, she tried to crossed her arms over each other and ignore the tension that was being filled in rather quickly.