~Battered~

Battered
(Injured by repeated blows or punishment)

*****

"What?"

Alaska and Lyra were in a room with five other people. Apparently, these were the most influential ones in the society. The redhead only raised a brow at them and saw the group slight flinch at her hardening gaze, like she was deciding if they were fit to actually be in the same room with her. "Is this really all of them?" Alaska questioned.

Behind her Lyra stifled a small giggle before noticing her friend glance back at her, causing the dark haired female to lower her hands and place them behind her, giving her a knowing smile. "Lets start with the introductions." She moved from her original spot and took a seat in the middle end of the table.

Now Alaska stood directly behind the girl, placing her hands on Lyra's shoulders and scanning around the room, but more at the group. "Everyone, I'm sure you all know who this is with me so we're going to cut to the chase." They straightened their posture more and realized that a change was happening sooner than they thought.

Alaska leaned down and briefly spoke to the girl before returning to her original stance. Lyra looked back at them and smiled, "As you all know since Alaska is here, she'll be handling some matters in her own ways. The very first thing that we decided is for her to reposition everyone in the society."

"Reposition? Changing our status?" One asked.

Alaska snorted, "What status? You don't have one anymore."

The woman was first spoke was now taken aback. She then grew a temper at Alaska and hastily replied, "Excuse me? What gives you the right to speak to me that way-"

"What gives you the right to speak to me that way?" The female mocked her while wrapping her arms around Lyra's neck in a protective stance. "I did my research on you, bitch. Don't think you're anytime too special. I see you've sold some of our secrets over to the enemy, hmm? For a couple hundred bucks? Please, like that can pay your rent at your shabby rundown apartment."

Alaska leaned down towards to face the woman, "You may be one of the best influencers, but all you have is bark and no bite to actually take action at all."

The woman's face turned red from humiliation and soon the other four began to scorn her. She spat, "Do you even have any evidence-"

Lyra silenced her with another giggle. "Dummy... of course we do! We can't just verbally attack you without any, that's stupid!" Reaching out to take her phone, she played with it for a minute before pressing a button.

And they heard the woman speak to Samuel. She gave him some files concerning some of the members. That file held their private lives, and since she gave those away, those secrets could've used as blackmail for them to go against this society. She even talked to him about their next course of action which won't happen, obviously, they'll have to think of a new one.

The record lasted a good five minutes before it ended and Lyra put it up again, her grin suddenly turning sickeningly sweet with a dark glint in her eyes. "It's nice to see you become so talkative these days, in the past you barely uttered a word to any of us! Wow, people do change don't they?" Her grin turned down into a heated scowl directed at the shaking female. "It's a good thing Alaska fixed some of our flaws... we now have a perfect place to keep you in!" She said in a cheery tone.