~Enigma~

Enigma
(a person or thing that is mysterious, puzzling, or difficult to understand)

*****

"Why the hell are we in front of a cafe?" Alaska deadpanned at the girl. Lyra sighed before shrugging at her. Turning around, she tugged on the sleeve of her friend's jacket. "There's someone I want you to meet Alaska," Lyra said as they made their way over to the cafe. "I'm sure you'll like her."

"Like her? Did you tell her about us?"

Lyra shrugged, "Don't get in the crazy conclusion thinking that our conversation always have to include the society."

"Lyra."

The girl stopped at the mention of her name before tensing up and slightly relaxing her stance. "Okay. Fine. She knows."

Alaska suddenly gaped at the girl in front of her. "What the heck Lyra? Do you know how dangerous that is for her and you to keep that a secret from Zero? He's going to find out and-"

Lyra pushed open the door and shook her head. "I didn't have to tell her. She already knew."

"What?"

"It's a bit of a long story but she'll be able to explain a few things that you need to know. Trust me, you're able to trust her. Please?" Lyra asked as they stalked towards a table with an elderly woman sitting there. Alaska gave her a pointed look, "She better have a good reason to why I should trust her. For all we know, she couldn't been playing you and is working for Zero."

"But she isn't," Lyra hummed. They finally stopped in front of the table. The woman looked up and Alaska could see that she looked a bit too formal for her taste. Her white hair was up in an elegant bun, some gold earrings dangled from her ears, and the clothes she wore was a little extravagant. Lyra nudged Alaska to sit down and she hesitantly did so. The woman chuckled at Lyra, "See? I told you you could make it out alive. That wasn't so hard now was it?"

"Who are you?" Alaska interrupted. Lyra sent her a dirty look, "Alaska... be nice."

"Thad alright." The woman placed her drink down and grinned at the redhead. "I'm Genevieve. Genevieve Grace, it's such a pleasure to meet an original Gemini member. Tell me, how did you survive?"

Alaska stiffened momentarily before glancing at Genevieve wearily. "How did you know?"

"Honey, because I'm one, too." Genevieve snorted. "You surely couldn't have thought you were the only one right? So far as I know, we might be the only two left."

"I've never seen you before." Alaska muttered bitterly. "I've never seen you at all."

"That was because I was never supposed to really be in the society," Genevieve sighed at the girls before taking another sip. "You see, if anything ever happens to the society, then the back up comes in and keeps hold of their secrets for them. Or just completely wipe out everything they've ever built just so no one else could take them. Especially that damn Zero." The woman sat her cup down a bit too harshly.

"Wait just a moment, how come I've never even heard of this before? The society had a back up? What?"

"Believe you me I didn't even know I was the back up before the society was even attacked. Honestly, I'm thinking I'm just more of a person that makes sure everything that Gemini has ever done won't go to waste. I'm not complaining. After all these years I've managed to finally build the society up again," she finished off with a shrug. "Lyra here has been helping as well."