~Languish~

Languish
(Suffer from being forced to remain in an unpleasant place or situation)

*****

"I got some news." Tristan said.

Sirena bit her lip before nodding. "Before you go on, how did you even manage to get inside this house again? There's security everywhere."

"There's some secrets that even friends can't tell," was she she replied before continuing. "Anyways, I've been fired."

Sirena was momentarily surprised by the grin on the female's face. She didn't know whether or not to either feel bad or really uncomfortable in this situation. "Isn't this a bad thing?"

"Nah, I've been hired by a different person, though. Real shady business, but I get paid big bucks for it. And that's not even the best part," Tristan leaned back against the large pillows on the bed. Sirena silently sat down beside her feet and waited. "So there's this woman that's kind of crazy in a sort of way, but she's cool. Plus, I think she's our ticket to find out what happened with your friends."

"Who is she?"

Shrugging, the female pushed herself even further into the mattress. "Don't really know her first name. She goes by GG, that's really all I know about her. Though I do find it somewhat strange how on the same day I was fired, I got hired by her. Really weird. But that's not the main point; she personally came to visit me in my apartment. I couldn't really see her face very well. She wore this mask."

"Tristan, how are you not freaking out about this?"

"Shush, child. As I was saying, she told me she knew about Levi. And your so-called, what's his face, Zero? Yeah. That's the name-"

Sirena immediately jumped on her friend's body and shook her shoulders. "How does she know? Is she with any of my friends? Lyra? Cress? Who is she? Tell me!" Vigorously repeating o shake her, Tristan gave her a glare before pushing her off. "Calm down. Listen, I didn't really ask her anything about your friends."

"Why the hell not?"

"Because I don't know her? Who knows if she really does have Lyra. All I know is that she gave me a little task for a big reward." She explained. Sirena rose a brow at her curiosity. "And what's the task?"

"To make sure to watch over you." She answered before turning her gaze to the TV. "Hey, this channel is boring. Can I change it?"

"W-Wait, she knows me?"

"Apparently. I was about to ask her on how she knew you, but she just left."

Sirena gasped, "And you let her get away?" Seriously? Another stranger that could be a psychopath? At this point in her life, she can't even keep up with living normally anymore.

The dark haired girl scowled, "Not like I could actually follow her. She had these humongous bodyguards that looked like they could kill me."

"Weren't you trained before?"

"Self defense and a bit of martial arts, but I don't have any skills!"

Sirena groaned before plopping face first onto her bed. "Well what the hell? You really don't know who she is, and you let that woman walk away?"