~Drapetomania~

Drapetomania
(sudden urge to run away)

*****

"I think I'm dying. A-And, um, hyperventilating?" Lyra couldn't help but stammer over her words as she spoke roughly through the phone, trying hard not to let her eyes roll to the back of her head and pass out.

Alaska sneered back, "We're on the way, just don't close your eyes."

"I-I should've been already used t-to—to this... I think I'm tired." She gasped, pushing the crushing roof of the car off her stomach. "I'm s-stuck... I can't g-get... get it off-"

"We're almost to your location, just don't—don't hang up!"

Hours before this happened, Lyra met up with Samuel easily. But due to the fact that she hadn't been prepared to see him, the female left everyone else behind to go and take some time for herself. Lyra never would've guessed for the guy to jump out of nowhere and start attacking her so brutishly.

It wasn't like he was aiming for anything. He only hit wildly and made the dark haired girl irritated.

When Samuel realized that his efforts were of no use, he began to run away and jump into a car. Lyra didn't linger and immediately caught up with him with one of the members' motorcycle.

It was highly dangerous for her to go and ram herself into the side of his car since she was never good riding it. But her mind drew blank and her instincts took over, almost too naturally.

The chase ended up obviously as a wreck, but Samuel died and was crushing under the car. Lyra wasn't better off that much, but she was still alive. And being tortured by the smell of leaking gasoline.

Lyra gritted her teeth and slapped her hand against the metal, "Gas l-leak."

"Two minutes, I swear!"

Lyra didn't think she had that much time considering the overwhelming smell becoming more difficult not to take notice.

As she kept her phone with her, the female pushed up against the roof of the vehicle and felt the pressure off her stomach. She clicked her tongue with great frustration as she tried crawling out. But the thing was too heavy and she barely moved an inch. Not really because of the pain or the blood, but because of how sore her muscles were.

She cussed loudly at herself before screaming, kicking the roof anxiously.

"Shit! Get off me." She tossed her head several times to the side before hearing the redhead's voice seeping in again.

"We're here! Oh my fuck, don't move! Just stay put!" And then the female disconnected. Lyra shrieked in frustration and pounded her hand on the top of the mangled roof.

There was no way she could stay out while the car was about to combust. The scent was getting heavier by the second and the girl faintly heard the sounds of spark. She hoped that it wasn't.

The female didn't see herself calming down any time soon.

"Lyra!"

"Here! Other side!" Lyra shrieked as loud as she could before bursting into fits of coughs. She yelped when a piece of metal suddenly creaked and collapsed onto the side of her hip, not by much, but it cut through the skin and the smell of blood was even thicker.