~Cognizance~

Cognizance
(knowledge, awareness, or notice)

*****

"So you and Nicholo go way back?" Elizabeth questioned.

"High school." Sirena said. "Though we weren't really close, we're just acquaintances."

"It seemed like you two were close." Elizabeth sighed at the girl. "Levi isn't having it. He's about to strangle him—oh wait, what are they doing?" Sirena and Elizabeth locked their gazes on the men, who were furiously speaking to each other. Levi crossed his arms and stood closer to Nicholo. Though they had smiles on their faces, it was mainly so the guests don't notice anything wrong.

Though they should've. Their smiles were too stiff and Levi seemed too pissed to even talk to. It was a miracle that the man allowed people to stand beside him and Nicholo.

"Is there a chance for me to reject this arranged marriage? Maybe if I just say it right out to his mother's face, she'd hate me and want Levi to kick me out of the house." Sirena muttered over to the brunette.

Though Elizabeth wanted to comfort the girl, she stopped and suddenly looked over the blonde's shoulder. A growing smile appearing. "Oh! Hi, Marcy!"

A woman of twenty-three came by with her dark hair all placed into an exquisite bun, jewelry accompanying her neck and fingers, and a smirk to fit the confident dark eyes. Smoothing down her red mermaid dress, Elizabeth's adoptive cousin came by with an arrogant aura and hummed, "Cousin. Nice to see you."

"I love your dress... let me guess, seventeen million dollars?" Elizabeth's smile suddenly looked strained. Marcy only threw back her head and laughed obnoxiously, "Plus the purse I left with Kaleb, it's seventeen million and three thousand dollars."

Sirens quietly took a drink of her wine. The girl finally noticed her and kept the smirk, "Sirena! Wonderful to see you again, congratulations on becoming an official member of the family!" Unexpectedly, the girls watched as Marcy grasped Sirena's arm. She sighed, "Since you're family now, if you're ever having trouble just come find me or rant to auntie Lydia. Trust me, with us as your backers you won't have to worry about anything in the future."

"Oh... um... it's not really necessary-"

"Oh, well gotta run!" Marcy's serious time changes into a cunning one. She sent the girls a wink before walking off, showing herself off to the party guests before finally arriving to the rest of her family members.

"Bye, Marcy!" Elizabeth grinned. She sat back down. "What a bitch."

Sirena stifled the urge to cough out her wine and laugh. The brunette gave her the eye, "The hell did you two become besties?"

"We didn't."

"Whatever, it's going to be harder to get away from our family now since basically everyone wants to keep you. If auntie Lydia decides you're good enough, eventually everyone will cave in to her demands." Elizabeth pouted and placed her head on her hand. "Sirena, I really am sorry."

"I wonder if I fall off the balcony, will I die?" Sirena pondered while she gazed at the cream colored balcony, not really considering what the brunette said. Elizabeth gasped before slapping her so hard that Sirena yelped, attracting a few of the party guests' attention.