~Rapscallion~

Rapscallion
(a deceitful, unreliable scoundrel)

*****

When Lyra arrived to St. Monica, she was surprised to see Alaska there, pacing around in a circle. She stood right outside the door in a daze, completely lost in her thoughts before Lyra waved her hand up and down in her face.

"Hello?"

"Did you see anyone follow you?" Alaska hurriedly grabbed her and entered the small room.

"No."

"Are you sure?"

"What's going on? I heard you say that-"

Alaska furiously jabbed her finger towards the door and sneered, "Someone is watching us in the organization. I don't know who the hell they are, but it was a matter of time before they could take us down and kill everyone else."

"What?" Lyra immediately stepped closer to the woman. "How? That can't be right, we were formed only recently. Zero knows that the old society is gone but you. How did you get that information and from where?"

"A partner of mine."

Lyra narrowed her eyes at her. "Since when did you have one? If I recall you've been away for five years."

"Because of you, you stupid bitch." Alaska scowled. She crossed her arms and her eyes turned into slits, slowly walking up to the dark haired female and looking down with anger. "I don't have to answer myself to you."

"Excuse me?"

"The only reason I'm here with you is to find Sirena, kill that boy toy of yours, and then run off." She glowered at her.

Lyra didn't retort back to her. Deep down, she knew that Alaska would rather go off on her own and live the rest of her days peacefully without and Sirena. To be honest, she expected this. After what happened, Lyra didn't really believe that Alaska would find Sirena and help her willingly.

She was doing this mostly to keep herself safe, and that was to kill off Adam. Who knows if she still thinks of Sirena as a friend?

She decided to forget about it. Alaska's choice was hers. They didn't need to be the best of friends. As long as they could both accomplish the same goals, did they even really have to try and be close again? It wasn't necessary.

"What about Crescent Moon?"

"Cress?" For a moment, the redhead's eyes softened and a bit of warmth seeped through. Her tense form relaxed. But in the end Alaska shook her head and made Lyra depressed. "No... we both know she's dead."

"You haven't looked into it. You don't know."

"You do. I'm sure of it. And in the end, I'm also sure that you found nothing after that little explosion." Alaska sighed and sat on an old chair. "During my time inside the asylum, there was a few times that Zero reached out to me and hinted about what happened to Cress."

Lyra leaned against the wall and lowered her eyes to the ground. The ache in her chest deepened even further and she wallowed further into anger and regret. But she bit her tongue and ignored the lingering feeling.