~Mania~

Mania
(An excessive enthusiasm or desire; an obsession)

*****

"Ooh! The dress that I picked out did do it's job nicely!" Elizabeth gushed at the blonde in front of her. Sirena grimaced at herself in the mirror before trying to pull the outfit down before scowling at how much cleavage she was showing.

"I think I'd want this dress if I wanted to look like a slut." She shook her head at the girl. "I need a dress that isn't too flashy, but still elegant with some simplicity. I don't want you to pay for it. But I'm sure there's some dresses in my closet-"

"Ugh! No." She whined at her. "This is like a gala! We need to find you a gown. If you're going to impress my family, I need you to look your very best."

"But I don't want to impress anyone." Sirena quietly argued back. "I-I... I just want to go home, Elizabeth. Can't you just pick something simple for me?" Her friend frowned at her before sighing. Elizabeth shook her head before placing her hands on her shoulders. "I can't. This—this is really important to Levi. He's actually been planning this for quite sometime. I can only guess that he's planning on proposing to you."

"But I don't want him to," Sirena turned around and grasped her hands together. "Please, please, don't make me go." The idea of of him completely dominating her... wrapping her in chains with obsession, she can't ever escape again. "E-Elizabeth, you understand me, right? Please help me—I don't want to do this anymore," her desperation was clear.

"I'm sorry." Was all she said, the quivering in her tone noticeable. "I-I don't know what to do."

"I don't want to say yes." Sirena exclaimed.

But Elizabeth never said anything. Sirena finally realized that she couldn't do anything, she wasn't above her cousin. Elizabeth was nothing more than a pawn to Levi, and if she wasn't blood related to him, he would've already gotten rid of the girl a long time ago.

But the main reason was because of how much begging and pleading Sirena took before Levi finally agreed to let his cousin live. The man never cared about anything but himself, how much power he can attain, and the allies he can get to stand against his enemies.

Now all of his attention was given to Sirena. And because of that, Levi didn't give a care about anything else besides catering to all of Sirena's wishes. But she had no idea why the hell he was so possessive of her. They never met before, she doesn't remember him from anywhere.

All the two of them could do was look for a gown for the gala that would soon happen in a few hours.

~*~

"You look quite delectable. I see my dear cousin has proven her worth once again." Purring with satisfaction, the male burrowed his nose in Sirena's neck before lacing feathery kisses on her. "I have a special surprise for you tonight. And there's a special guest that is unfortunately coming tonight to attend the gala."

"Business partner?"

"Somewhat."

Levi turned her around before smiling at her again. Sirena was dressed in a dark navy blue gown that was strapless. There were no patterns that it had, but the material made it seem metallic-like against the light. Her hair was tied up in an elegant bun, adjourned with jewels. Her makeup was brief and not too heavy. Elizabeth made her wear a sapphire necklace along with a pair of earrings. Those things alone, it made her look complete.