[1] My thoughts floating into the night sky (edited)

It's in the middle of summer. The sounds of cicadas can be heard almost everywhere. The hot sunlight that looked so dazzling made the light-colored brown-haired boy feel dizzy as he kept walking with his cat.

"Natsume! Let's stop by the shop and buy an ice cream! "
Asked--or rather ordered the round cat.

"Ice cream huh... that's a good idea, Nyanko-sensei. "
Natsume replied weakly, exhausted already only by the strong sunlight.

"Hmph! Human in the old days are not as wimpy as you, Natsume. "
Insult Nyanko-sensei as usual.

"Sensei, do you want to buy an ice cream or not? "

"What?! Are you threatening me?! How dare you! You should be grateful that I'm still protecting you like this even under such a weather! "

"Yes yes..."
The boy said nonchalantly.

As Nyanko-sensei complained about this and that, suddenly, Natsume caught a black figure of some creature standing not too far from them.

"Youkai? " He thought as they gradually went closer to the creature.

"Excuse me, are you Natsume Takahashi-dono, the grandson of Natsume Reiko-sama? "
The Youkai asked abruptly. Ever since Natsume moved to this small city, Natsume has gotten used to Youkai following him, mistaking him for his grandmother. However, it's rare to see a youkai knowing his name and not mistake him for his late grandmother.

"Ah Y-yes..."
Natsume answered as Nyanko-sensei put on his guard around them.

"My, so it's really true! You are indeed very similar to Reiko-sama. If it's possible, may I have my name back? "
The creature bowed to him with a suppliant tone coming out of him.

"I-its alright... but let's not do it in here. "

"Yes, Natsume-dono. "

After they walked a little further from the road, the three of them sheltered around the forest's edge. Natsume feels so dizzy and probably will get heatstroke just from the sunlight; if he's gonna return a youkai's name in that situation, he's unsure if he will be alright after that.

"That which shields me, reveal thy name. I return your name. Please take it, Hakoba. "
Natsume chanted as he ripped off a certain old paper with the youkai's name. He clapped his hands and returned the youkai's name in one blow.

.

.

.

"Thank you, Natsume-dono. You really helped me. How should I return your kindness, Natsume-dono? "

The youkai sounds relaxed and soothing due to having his power back. While Natsume, on the other hand, fell immediately after he returned their name.

"Ah no, it's alright... you don't have to--"

"Oh! I heard you will be giving back every youkai's name who's listed in the Book of Friends. "

"Eh? Yes... umm, I'm sorry but I need to hurry now. If you please..."
Just right when Natsume and Nyanko-sensei stood up, the youkai suddenly seemed to be doing something to them, making their surroundings shine with lights.

"In regards of my gratefulness, I will help you returning those names, Natsume-dono. "
The youkai innocently sounds so happy while slowly dispersing into the light.

"EH?! No, wait...!"
Caught by the sudden occurrence, Natsume and Nyanko-sensei are too late to react to them. Hence, they got into another trouble...

.

.

.

At the Nura Clan Mansion...

"Sandaime ( Third Head ), I will give you my report for this week. "
Stated by the only Tengu girl.

A spacious traditional Japanese room filled with a variety of Nura Clan officials. They listened to the reports given by the woman tengu solemnly. Sometimes some of the elders would comment for a wide variety of reasons, but still, they continued listening to the report led by the young lad sitting at the very end of the room. Their leader, whom they called Sandaime or Third Head.

"That's all for the report for this past weeks. "
Ended the woman as she fixed back her glasses.

"I see, thank you for the report. "
The third head calmly yet firmly dismissed her presence.

"Hmm... so, there are more youkai who want to join our clan, even the strong youkai as well. "
An old man youkai with one big eye on his face commented.

"This is a very good improvement for our clan after the war with Gokadoin House."
Another old man that goes by the name of Gyuuki calmly added.

"But there's a problem within those youkai who want to exchange sakazuki (exchanging sake cup to pledge loyalty) with me. "
The third head finally speaks up his troubled mind. In truth, this is the sole reason for him to assemble a meeting--even though it's not urgent.

"A problem... Are they doubting you, Rikuo?"
Gyuuki, who was sitting not far from him, asked.

"No, it's not that. They're not that many, but it still bother me a little. Looks like they're still bound by their previous Master's order. "
Rikuo crossed his arms under his loose black yukata.

"Eh? If that's how it is, they shouldn't have come here, right? "
One of the elders comes into the conversation.

"I thought so, but they said it themselves, their previous Master never called out to them nor caring for them even a least. "

"Why would they follow that person in the first place then? "
The short old geezer asked beside Rikuo after he blew off his pipe.

"I don't know; some of them said they lost a match with their previous Master and were told to write down their name on a piece of paper to give to the winner. "
Rikuo explained with a bored face. He knew already that method was most often used by his grandfather when he was in his youth as a Supreme Commander.

"Buahaha, that Master sounds strong, huh? What a nostalgia..."
As everyone expected, their Supreme Commander will have fun hearing this kind of report. It reminds them of how they lost to Nurarihyon before, making the elders sigh heavily.

"But where is that Master then? And from what clan? "
Mokugyo--the old man with a bald head and long thin mustache--asked.

"Unknown. "
Rikuo replied followed by a sigh.

"Eh?" Immediately everyone in the meeting room reacted the same way--only the Supreme Commander acted calmly to what he heard.

"But how? Isn't the underlings supposed to at least know from what clan they were? "
Asked one of the elders.

"Apparently the Master is actually a--"
Just when Rikuo wanted to start the bigger problem, suddenly, a massive earthquake shook the whole mansion.