[11] Now i think very dearly

Contract.

It is a visible promise that ties both parties into one account. Chasing their own interest with the help of another person through the ideology of symbiosis mutualism.

But what was Reiko do, perhaps not so bound by the description above.

" Listen, Rikuo. I will put the rules in making the contract short for you. "
Informed Zen before he began to explain. Rikuo nodded with undivided attention to Zen, just like the good student he is when he's at school.

" When making a contract between master and servant, the master has to give the youkai another name. The master must never bind the youkai by their real name, or the youkai would have to obey their master's every command and their lives can even be taken easily. Although it's only standard in a relationship between humans--such as Onmyouji-- and Youkai, there are actually few Youkai clans that follow those rules. Of course, since it's safer for both parties. "
Explained Zen briefly after he managed to sit up straight.

After a short pause from Zen, it leaves a little bit of worry in Rikuo's heart unconsciously. As if he could read what was in his master's mind, Kurotabo assures Rikuo firmly.

" But don't worry, Rikuo-sama. All your followers trust you with their lives, body, and soul. We will heed your every word and do what you command. We chose to follow you by ourselves, after all. "
He smiled widely at the young master, who was taken aback for a moment at his subordinate's words.

" Yeah, thank you, Kurotabo. And so do I. I put my trust in you guys as well. "
He looks at him with determined eyes.

Later, Rikuo asks about the importance of giving their real name to others. True, now that he understands there's such a way of making contracts, but he is suspicious about the importance of their real name. Well, logically, of course, a real name is more important than a fake name, but Rikuo just curious about the meaning of it's between Youkai and humans.

So, it's Kubinashi's turn to explain to his master.

" Not just that because the master can take the servant's name easily, but the Youkai's real name holds almost half their real power. They're bound by the master's words after all, so if the Youkai--who gave their real name--want to use their full power, the Youkai and master must work together, which surely will take a lot of the master's energy. "

" And the scariest thing is that everything that happened to the vessel of the Youkai's name can affect the Youkai's well-being. Just simply tear the vessel forcefully, and it might kill the owner of the name. "
Kubinashi ended his explanation with a serious expression as he glared at his young master scarily. He wants to tell how dangerous the book that Natsume holds.

A precarious atmosphere gradually surrounds the whole room. The silver moonlight that was beautiful and soothing now looks more mysterious and intimidating. It was as if Rikuo had just realized together how scary the human guest's possession is.

" So that's why... There are so many youkai who want to get the book for their own purpose..."
Rikuo stared down at the tatami, feeling slightly down and angry with himself.

" See? That's what I'm trying to say to you, Rikuo. What that kid...Natsume possessed is pretty dangerous. "
Feeling how wrong it sounded, Rikuo stated in annoyance at Zen with a scowl.

" It's not gonna do any harm to us, everyone. I know that Natsume-san is not the kind of person who would use it that way. "

But as determined as Rikuo, Zen couldn't accept that half-assed statement without any solid proof that Natsume wouldn't bring trouble to the Nura Clan--and especially to Rikuo.

" Are you saying that just based on your feeling or a solid proof? You know, as the Third Head in charge here, you can't make a hasty decision without being through. I mean, yeah... sure, I haven't met them yet, but it could also be used for a different opinion from my view, can it? "
It's not Zen's intention to force his opinion on Rikuo, but with how he talks and the way he eyes him, it couldn't be avoided how everyone would think that he is just being negative thinking at Natsume.

Zen is Rikuo's only sworn brother from childhood, the first to exchange sakazuki with him. It's not a stretch by any means to say that Zen greatly cares for his sworn brother more than himself and anyone.

" I can ask the same thing to you, Zen. As if you have solid proof to show your point. "
Rikuo's eyes turned sharper than his usual kind eyes when he was still human. True, that his Youkai form eyes are more menacing and intimidating. But the human form has its own fear too, which ironically comes from the gentlest person.

As a matter of fact, it's not anyone's fault. Zen is just being overly protective around Rikuo, although he knows really well that the brunette guy in front of him is the guy who bears the title of the King of Youkai and such. But he couldn't help but get worried about his dear sworn brother.

On the other hand, Rikuo wants to trust his own choice. With his own two eyes, knowing Natsume and judging him based on Natsume's true self, he wants to do it all by himself without anyone trying to sway his mind. But part of him must admit that it's right that he judge Natsume based on his own pure feeling, too.

Call it naive, but it's in every human nature. Temper it as much as they want; a human will eventually commit such acts.

________________________________

I'm realllly sorry, this chapter is a bit shorter than usual.

I promise I will make it longer in the next chapter. Oh and by the way, there will be youkai from Natsume world that's in the past episode. Maybe there will be around 3 or 4.

And of course, I will make the other allied members of the Nura clan get their own spotlight as well!

So, see you in the next chapter! 💐💐