[12] What else shall i change

It hurts. The feeling of not getting trusted is as frightening as a sickness that will slowly consume your soul and corrupt it. The feeling of being left out and treated like a liar will gradually branch itself to become an illness of distrust.

It is a complicated feeling with a surprisingly simple reason. But there is only one true answer to cure the sickening feeling.

The heart of a half-quarter human and Youkai. What kind of color is in his heart? What kind of buried words scrambled inside his head?

The deep-buried feeling in Rikuo's heart, which day by day grew its vines quietly to strangle his own heart. His own mind.

" This is ridiculous. Why do I have to doubt my friend's words? Even after all these times? "
Rikuo fastened his pace as he walked to his bedroom after the activity with his schoolmates.

Due to his haste, he didn't see someone from the other end of the corner. Which resulted in both of them colliding hard.

" Ouch! "
Squeaked the girl. The moment he realized it was Tsurara, he immediately caught her back with both hands.

" Woah, that was close... "
Rikuo sighed in relief.

On the other hand, Tsurara seems so surprised by her Master that it makes her blush a little.
" M-Master! I'm sorry I didn't see you there... "

" No, that was my fault. I wasn't looking where I was going, sorry. "

Tsurara stood back and looked at his obviously troubled face.

" What's wrong, Master? Is there something bothering you? "
Asked Tsurara with a soft smile.

" Eh? Ah... No, not precisely. The problem is just...with me. "

" Hmm... I don't quite understand what that means, Master. But I guess you're overthinking something again, aren't you? "
Tsurara smiles as she lifts her hand under the white kimono to her chin.

" Over...thinking...? "

" Yes, you often overthink almost everything, Master. "
She giggled lightly, covering her mouth behind the tip of her sleeve. She's always careful not to give her chilling breath due to her Youkai power whenever around her Master.

" D-did I? I didn't realize that... Maybe you're right. "
Rikuo scratches his cheek with awkwardness as he smiles sheepishly at her.

Nevertheless, Tsurara continues her words, looking straight into his eyes.
" But you will only overthink something when it has the possibility to harm your friends and family, Master. "

It's like he just lifted up from a pool of mud by her words. His shoulder feels lightened suddenly, just like the soothing wind had blown off his burden. His deep brown eyes reflect his kind and bright sparkles again. One that befits a ruler of the Nura Clan.

" Master, if there's something bothering you, that could only mean that problem will affect us too. You tend to keep everything to yourself after all, even at that time when we fought together. I could feel that you still hold some scars from back then, but... If only I can be of any help to you, even if it's only a little bit, I would gladly offer you my assistance. "

Perhaps due to her own excitement from encouraging her dear Master, Tsurara didn't realize that her hands were already holding Rikuo's hands tightly--and coldly.

But that didn't matter to Rikuo since her words and smile warmed him up in the next second.

" Me... And everyone in the Nura Clan will always be by your side to help you, Master. "

The sunlight has once again succeeded in sneaking into the walls Rikuo had built around his heart as the Third Head.

Strangely enough, the warm light is coming from an ice-cold-skinned woman. How ironic it is, he thought as he finally broke into a small giggle.

" He...hehe... Hahaha... That's right, you guys will always be by my side... Why did I even doubt about it? "
At last, Rikuo can let go of his problem.

Tsurara was slightly confused for a moment back there, but she shoved it off as long as she could help her Master solve his problem.

" Thank you, Tsurara. Your hand is indeed cold, but your words surely warmed me up! "

Rikuo smiled brightly at the Yuki-Onna, which funnily got her blushing. Only Rikuo's words have the effect to melt her coldest heart as well. But she immediately let go of those hands. She doesn't want to hurt him--physically-- with her overflowing feeling, after all.

" Thank you once again, Tsurara. I hope I can talk with you more, but I'm in a hurry to meet Zen now. Do you know where he is? "

" Eh? Oh, Zen just went inside the tea room. "

" Thank you, Tsurara! See you later! "

And with that, the brunette then ran in the room direction. Leaving the Yuki-Onna getting flustered all over.

.

.

.

" Zen! "

Rikuo slid open the door hard.

The poor guy with poor health couldn't help but get startled by his friend's sudden action, which resulted in him spitting out his green tea in surprise, along with blood coming out from his mouth.

" Bffft!! W-what the hell, Rikuo... Are you doing this on purpose to assassinate me or something? "

" Gahh! S-sorry, Zen! I didn't mean to surprise you! "
Rikuo immediately came to his aid and helped him to straighten up his back.

" I just want to tell you something really important--no, actually, I order you to do something really important. "
And in a second, that sharp gaze of Rikuo that only his human side can pull off horrifyingly showed clearly in his brown beads-like eyes.

As a reply, realizing his seriousness, Zen stares at him back straight to the eyes. From soul to soul.

" Come with me to Natsume-san's place! "

" ... HUH?! "