The Unexpected Guest

Laughter is at every corner of the room, smiles and joys never escape from the Nura clan's house. When there is something exciting, they will not think twice about it. Whether it's big or small, celebration is still a celebration. Maybe that's what makes Rikuo think that every day is a celebration.

For today occasion, the Nura clan is happy for they are excited by the growth of Rikuo's clan over the arrival of new comrades. The exchange of sakazuki tonight will surely be a big one. But other than that--for Rikuo and some of his closest friends--what makes today celebration is even more exhilarating, is that they're happy for Natsume to stay over at their house. Oh, and the fat cat as well.

Natsume play a big role in Rikuo's clan growth. Not only because he helped him regaining the youkai's name, but he taught a lot of things for Rikuo personally. Though, Natsume still think the whole matter of he returning their name is mostly his grandmother's fault, so it's not something to be thank for. It's his duty already.

After tidying up his baggage in the guest room, Natsume took the box which contained food for the Nura family, it's from Youko-san. She said, it's a common courtesy for someone to bring present when they visit another. But aside from that, actually Youko-san just happy to cook for someone, especially when it's Natsume's friend family.

Actually, when Rikuo and Zen visited Natsume's house from last time, Kana brought a set of beautiful lunch box and ready-to-cook urchins for the Fujiwara couple. Even though Rikuo already said it before, that this kind of present is too expensive for a normal visit, his mother kept forcing him to give it to them.

" It's not like we use it very often anyway, and you don't want to bring this set of lunch box with you to school, right? "  That's what Kana said to her only son. When Natsume hear the story behind those expensive present, he just couldn't helped it but to laughed. He even thought that Youko-san and Kana might get along.

" Natsume, what taking you so long?! Hurry up, or they will gulped down all the good sake! "
Nyanko-sensei who has been excited for the... sake, rather than the party itself, keep budging Natsume to hurry up.

" Be patient, sensei. I have to at least dressed up to attend such celebration, right? And you should be happy for the party, not the food. "
Shrug Natsume nonchalantly.

" Sheesh, even though you usually always wear your pajamas to a Youkai's gathering before? "

Natsume instanly blushed a little and flustered to what his sensei said. Is it so embarassing for someone to wear pajamas to sleep?

" I- i did that because it's always so sudden alright? Since Rikuo is a good friend to me and more over their family is really nice to us, we should pay our respect to them. And you too sensei, maybe I should groom your fur? "

As natsume blurted that out, sensei is not ready for Natsume to grab him so suddenly and hold him down tightly. Maybe Natsume really serious about grooming Nyanko-sensei's fur.

" Wh-what? What are you doing, idiot Natsume! Oi! Don't cut my majestic fur! Gahhh...!! "

" I wont cut it, I'm just brushing them. After all it's not like you have any fur to cut out anyway. Just as what I thought, sensei, it's all fat, isn't it? Pfft"
Natsume snorted when he realized the plump touch on Nyanko-sensei.

" You insolent brat! It's fur! Fur! Not Fat! Gyaaahhh...! Let me go, you're going to pluck all of my fur with that brush of yours! "

" Stop struggling, sensei! Just a little bit more at your head and--"

" Agghhh...!! Stop or I will transform!! "

Just right in the midst of chaos between them, suddenly the wooden door's room slide open. Revealing the current head of Nura clan, Rikuo is in his night form, almost sending shiver through Natsume's body. Though he's not scared of him or anything, but his heart always about to jump out from his mouth whenever he saw Rikuo in his night form all of a sudden like this.