[18] Towards a wonderful day

He delayed two days because Touko insisted Natsume fully rest until his injury was completely fine before going outside. Finally, the day has come. Because of the previous injury to Natsume's left knee, his movement is still limited for the time being. However, his nature is that he does not want to make other people worry about him; he tries not to show his pained expression, which sometimes feels so sore whenever he tries to bend his knee or when he wants to sit--whether on the chair or floor.

" Hmm... I'm still really worried about this you know? "

Stated the lovely middle-aged woman in her apron as she held Natsume's backpack.

When Natsume's done tying his shoes, he gets up steadily and holds his pain down to not make Touko worry. His injury had already healed, but he still got awkward movements when trying to do something related to bending or straightening his knee suddenly.

" Please don't be. I'm really fine already. It must be because of the first aid Zen-san gave me and Touko-san's carefully tending my wounds. I'm sorry to make you and Shigure-san worried like that. Thank you, Touko-san. "

Natsume reflected on his actions, but he couldn't forgive himself if something like this happened for the second time. No, he's determined not to let anything happen that will worry the Fujiwara couple again.

Suddenly, footsteps approaching them get louder, revealing Shigure, Touko's husband. Still with his short-sleeved white shirt and faint golden frame glasses, although he looks slightly sterner than usual. He would only use this kind of expression when he needed to give his thoughts as the head of the family.

" It's okay for you to be passionate and energetic, but please be careful with your surroundings, alright? Especially your body. It is not good for the elder's heart like us to suddenly watch you injured like that. "

Natsume instantly feels guilty and looks down at the shoe rack beside him. Calming down Touko is one thing, but talking back to Shigure can never be Natsume's thing. And on top of that, everything that Shigure had said was correct.

Looking at Natsume with a regretful face and slouched shoulder, Shigure also could only let out a big sigh. He knows Natsume is already old enough to think for himself, but he still must remind him of his safety. Since Natsume... tends to hide things even if it's his health.

Who would have thought that Natsume had a friend coming from Tokyo, younger than him by a few years? Moreover, Natsume did not hesitate to invite them to dinner. The Fujiwara couple, when they saw him, laughed with those two guests from two days ago, they were pleased regardless of the worriedness of Natsume's previous wound. It's not as if Natsume never brought his friends home before, but the couple is still happy to see more of his friends from a wide range.

" So that's why, please be more careful next time, alright? "

Almost sinking into his own thoughts of guilt, Natsume suddenly feels lifted up when Shigure-san taps his shoulder casually as if giving him his trust. Natsume looked up to the couple and found another reason to come home.

" Yes! Thank you so much! "

As he bowed to them, they smiled back at him.

Just when they are done preparing for Natsume's stayover in Rikuo's place, Nyanko-sensei lazily yawns and immediately stands beside Natsume as he accompanies the trip - even joining him in staying over in Rikuo's place. It won't be boring, sensei thought, since there will be Nurarihyon and so many sakes to drink.

" Alright then, be careful on your trip, okay? Please send my regards to Rikuo-kun and Zen-kun's family. "

Touko-san, as well as Shigure-san, waved at the smiling face of Natsume.