Back to 'Him' Extra

Nurarihyon, is a strong youkai, filled with charisma and mejestic. The so-called supreme commander of youkai, when the youkai world heard the news about his marriage with some human noblewoman, they went into uproar and protest.

In the past, he was evil, but so was every yokai. He is a yokai, so his belief was that anything can be done to achieve his goals, even if such an action could bring calamity to humans. This is because yokai were made to scare humans. They were not made to help them.

Even so, his underlings noticed how the supreme commander has taken an interest at human, calling them interesting and often pulling pranks on them. Eventually this ignorant interaction which made the majestic youkai fell into his own trap with loving a noblewoman from human side.

Thinking back at how many cruelty he had done to human before he met Yohime, he would accept his karma.

And when the time has come for karma to demand his amend, Nurarihyon will gladly accept the punisment. Thus, that's the reason why he have no any resist whatsoever when the curse from the past coming back on him.

He has so many enemies even if he didn't recognize every bit one of them. However, when that particular curse latched on him, he immediately recognize that spiteful feeling. That cursing words and glaring eyes that won't be forgotten even for a second in his dreams.

" Ngh... Ri...kuo... "
with pained expression, the laying old Nurarihyon groaned heavily. He's not injured, but his mind and soul is.

Rikuo with haste, hold his grandfather's hand dearly and look at him almost with teary eyes. For the night Rikuo--Yoru-- to have this kind of look, is like only once in a blue moon.

" G-gramps! Hah... ahh... You're awake... thank god... I'm so worried, gramps. "

" Rikuo... What happened? I...did... remember, that I let a curse latched onto me... And after that...ugh. "

" Calm down, old man. You are safe now. But there's still some problem left. Somewhat the curse has left you on its own, but it's still forming in the hall room. And on top of that... I let Natsume get hurt... His beast... Madara, goes into rampage after that and almost attack you. "
Yoru--or that's what everyone referred him as the night rikuo-- furrowed his eyebrows in deep concern.

Nurarihyon can't lie that he's surprised for that calm and cold beast suddenly goes into rampage like what he just heard.

" That Madara...? Could it be... he almost attacked me because he thought I'm the one who hurt Natsume? Going into rampage like that... Have you also..."
Nurarihyon went into his own thought for a moment there when he decided to call it off and not to think about that matter any further, for now.

" And so? How's the condition now? How is everyone and Kana? "

" Everyone has just went to the elders side for protection and mother is alright with Tsurara and Kubinashi guarding her at the farthest room from here. Me and Ryuuji Keikain are protecting you right now. "
He shakes his head to the door, signaling the other party is at outside guarding the front.

" Ryuuji... Keikain, huh? That must mean that kid Yura-chan, is here as well. I don't even know anymore how that silly Hidemoto's heir got tangled in this situation anymore. "
Nurarihyon let out a sigh.

Feeling that his grandfather is fine right now, Yoru wake up from his seat and intend to excuse himself to the hall room to clean up the mess.

" Gramps, since it looks like you're fine now, I'll go back to the hall room and help everyone on cleaning the curse. I'm afraid the curse will try to attack you again, so I will put some of the Onmyouji's protection charms in here to protect you. "
Yoru grabbed his katana away.

" ... I see. Very well then, you may go. "
Nurarihyon closed his eyes peacefully while facing the ceiling.

But when Yoru stood just a few steps from the door, his grandfather's voice stopped him for a moment without Yoru looking back at him.

" I'm sorry, Rikuo. You must go to the trouble to even clean up my cruelty from the past... As you can see, that curse wich attacked me... the loathing that welled up inside them... everything has already decided in my karma. "
Nurarihyon cracked a smile. A pathetic smile earmarked for himself.

Yoru stares blankly at the door for a moment before he answers Nurarihyon self-loathing statements.

" I thought your friendly reunion with Hagoromo Gitsune was your last karma, but turned out you still have more after that. Might as well you make a list now. At this point, I almost don't care anymore about any of your karma, perhaps you even deserve it. But grandmother Yohime in heaven... She doesn't deserve for her husband to get cursed until dead. What I'm saying is... I'm just going to protect my family... all of them. So you geezer can just shut up and better redeem yourself there. "

Rikuo slammed the door closed and his steps going even further from Nurarihyon's room.

Leaving the ancient youkai at lost for words at his heir. Once again, he cracked a smile. But this time, it's a proudful smile towards his grandson.

" Heh... Did you hear that, Yohime? Rihan? That Rikuo brat... since when he can act way cooler than me? "

After realizing the growth within Rikuo, his proudful smiles then gradually drifted into a melancholic one. His eyes softened, staring at the blank ceiling, though in fact he's looking far back to his golden age... but as well as to his foolish heart at that time.

" So you've came back in this way, huh, Ginkgo? This must be... how you felt when you wanted to protect a human which I casually insult before... This feeling... of wanting to protect them and losing the chance to do as simple as that... It's surely a cruel one... I'm sorry... even though I don't deserve your forgiveness, but I beg you... to spare my family from my sin. "

With that, Nurarihyon finally able to rest his body and mind. Though the burden still chaining his heart tightly, but at least... at this moment, he can be free from his sin, even only at the length of a blink.

Along the time which keep moving forward mercilessly, somewhere and at some point, the branches of a ginkgo tree fluctuate in the summer winds that brought the scent of autumn from far away.

____________________________________________________________________________

Please don't be mad guys if this chapter is so short!! This is just a little bit extra from the previous chapter. And don't worry, becasue I will update this story much faster, since it will end soon. I intend to end this chapter before valentine actually.

Alright then, see you TOMORROW. Yes, I'll update again tomorrow.