The Ignorance

" Hiiragi, can I ask something? "

" What is it, Natsume? "

" ... What do you think Natori-san's thinking after I told him about umm... The Book of Friends? "

" I'm afraid, I couldn't answer that. That's a question that should be appointed to Master directly, it's his thinking that you questioned after all. "

" Y-you're right... Thank you for telling me. "

"...But, if you asked my opinion about him, then I can answer that to question. "

" Hiiragi... "

" Perhaps it's just my imagination, but Natori-sama has gotten softer since he met you. Even after you told him about the book, I still didn't see any difference in the way he looks at you, Natsume. "

"... The way he looks at me, huh... "

" When he looks at you, I feel a nostalgic feeling... from where he was still really small and treated my wound for the first time. It's a pleasant feeling, Natsume. So don't worry about Natori, you always bring the best out of him. "

"... Thank you, Hiiragi. "

" It's my pleasure. "

.

.

.

[ PLAY THE VIDEO YEAH. "
The distance between them, what makes it steeper and farther? Natsume did not understand what made him lose his way to reach for Natori's hand. Likewise with Natori, he doesn't know what makes him even more afraid to give him her hand to Natsume.

If ignorance is bliss, then why so scared of honesty?

" Natsume... Please listen to me for once, alright? I don't want you to get hurt. "
Natori stares at him with painful expression, so much that biting his lips would be better than feel the pain of this.

The feeling of wanting to protect someone so badly that it hurt them with your love. Perhaps that's what they say with path to hell are paved with good intentions.

" I'm sorry... Natori-san... "
Natsume murmured loud enough just for Natori to listen.

Natori was feeling bitter about it, but he's relieved at least Natsume want to hear him this time--or at least that's what he thought.

" But if I don't do anything now, I'll just add my regret later. I ... I want to do what I can't do when I was a weak little boy. Please, knowing when I have the power to help but not doing it... I don't want to go through that experience ever again, Natori-san. "

The time length of Natori knows Natsume are not equal how much have Natori knows about Natsume. But vice versa with Natsume. They talk, but hold back their words. It's stirring both of them to always keep this gap between them.