Back to 'Him'

" I heard that Reiko died under a tree somewhere. "

" That old woman from Matoba... said that 'as well'. When I heard you died in such way, it's awfully just like you... doing stupid things. What are you going to do about 'him'? Will you abandoned your daughter? What's the point of that book which you pointlessly cared so much then? Even after I got sealed in that ridiculous small shrine, knowing I got sealed by 'that' exorcist and even more so when I hear your end... I still don't despise either of you. "

" I'm not Natsume Reiko! I'm her grandson, Natsume Takashi. "

" When I saw your grandson, I don't even think twice to called out your name instead. You both scarily have the same physical traits after all. But his personality is awfully a contrast to you. He likes both human and us, youkai. Pretty naive I would say, but kind of remind you of 'someone', isn't he? "

For Madara when he's on rampage, perhaps his mind is not so like that. His claw maybe is tearing someone's gut right now, but his mind and soul is flowing peacefully like a water inside. Though, that doesn't mean he have the control back on his body. In fact, he feels like he got even more stranded from his own body.

However, only at that critical times, where he can be honest to himself. When Madara is by Natsume's side, he deliberately shove off every sensitive feeling from his mind. The untelling looks on Natsume's eyes--which he sometimes unconsciously showed--can filled Madara's mind with only that.

" So many things have changed... And yet human are still the same to me. "

Madara would hate to think on more sadness when he knows how long his life will be. What's the point of putting more sadness on top of another?

" That grandson of yours... is truly a difficult child of human to handle. I should've just eat him myself, if I knew he would get hurt by someone else in the end. Did you know that he's returning names in that book in your stead? Though I'm the one who taught him the way, it's pretty unfair for me to get such a few names later on, don't you think? He got hurt pretty often before I stay by his side, even I can tell that just by observing him for the whole day. Now he got less after I drove out some ignorant youkai who wanted to steal the book. He's an annoying brat, naive, but he's also powerful just like you. Perhaps even more than you. Heh, he got pretty arrogant sometimes because of that. I wonder, wether it's really your looks or power which he inherits? "

.

.

.

" Sensei! Stop it, Sensei! Nyanko-sensei! "
Without thinking twice, Natsume advanced to the battlefield calling out to his name.

At this moment, Natsume doesn't know anymore who's the enemy here. Everyone is at lost as to whom they should save and exorcist.

Madara is tied down by shikigami's chain which only Natori usually used. But there's so many shikigami whip around Madara's body, and yet Natori and his shiki still have a hard time to calmed him down.

" Natori-san! "
Natsume jogged to his side. The widespread miasma has decreased, but at the frontline, there are still many of it. Almost reached up to Natori's thighs.

Natori thought he was imagining things when he heard Natsume's voice in the midst of this chaos. But the warm touch on his wrist, couldn't lie to him.