Overshadowed

3 p.m in the evening, Kyoto. That's the schedule for Natori to perform the exorcism as he and the contract have come to agreement. Right now, as Natori and the others preparing for the ritual, they still got plenty of time before the spicified time.

" By the way, about the big commotion on Youkai's war or whatever, it was took place in here, wasn't it? "
Suddenly Natori who's preparing with drawing the exorcism circle around the well, asked nonchalantly as if just to break the silence lingering on them.

Matoba still smearing his arrow with some kind of concoction to burn away the youkai if things getting messy, he somewhat a little bit intrigue by Natori's question. Well it's not like that youkai war was a big news anymore today, but that accident sure left a huge impact in the exorcist/onmyouji's group.

Ryuuji wasn't so sure as to whom Natori asked the question. But since Ryuuji doing his job--making the sealing place-- right beside Natori, he just gonna assumed the question was thrown at him.

" Huh, yeah. More or less. The whole picture of the war was taking from place to place. The Keikan main house just one of those places. "

" Hmm... But the place who got famous from the war is this place you know. Kyoto is rich for youkai's stories and such afterall. Oh and, you got to fight together with that infamous lord, weren't you? "
Natori grinned ignorantly at him which resulted Ryuuji's annoyed face.

But Ryuuji always know how to defense and attack at the same time to this guy's tease.
" Actually that brat would be dead without me and Yura by his side. Hm, what is it? Don't tell me you're jealous 'cus you didn't get to meet such a lord? "

" Hahaha! Me? Sorry, but I don't really like to put myself on such great danger like that. Even if I got to meet a great youkai lord like him. "

"... Hmph, I see-- "
Ryuuji almost send him the usual look when understanding someone one step closer to their real self, but it got stopped by Natori continuing his words.

" But, there's a certain someone who I know very well that will jump into that situation right about immediately if there's someone he even barely knows asked for help from him

" But, there's a certain someone who I know very well that will jump into that situation right about immediately if there's someone he even barely knows asked for help from him. And when that happened, I'll be sure to stay and helped him too. "
The sincere look on Natori's face, gave a pretty shocking expression on Ryuuji's. It was a little bit uncalled for, the usual shady smile of Natori suddenly turned into something sincere and look so pure.

Ryuuji and Yura who witnessed a short changing on Natori's smile, stunned for a moment then back to their sense again. It's really rare-- no, actually it's the first time they saw Natori smiled and talking about someone like that.

" Hoo... You... Did something life-changing happened to you recently, Natori? "
Ryuuji half joking half serious, asked.

Of course, Natori immediately realized what his face just showed before. He got flustered really fast.
" W-what?! What life-changing?! "