Chapter 17

Harry

"Stop looking at me." She whispers in the hopes of not drawing unwanted attention from the driver.

"Why?"

"Because I don't want you looking at me."

"Alright Em." I slightly chuckle in response. "If not at you then where would you like me to look?"

"Out the window. We're on a tropical island, there are palm trees and the beach and stuff." When she finishes she turns her head away once again to look at the palm trees and beach and stuff.

I have to subdue my chuckle, don't think she'd let me get away with another one.

Might be silly and I don't know what it is but I have a good feeling about everything that's about to happen between the two of us over the next week while we're here. I'm going to prove her wrong and hopefully that will be enough for Emma to truly consider taking me back.

Me and Em on this trip... it's going to be good, it's going to be good.

"Sure, I could do that but you're so much more beautiful." And in response I can almost hear her eyes roll in her head as I continue to watch the back of her head.

To say it was a long flight is a bit of an understatement.

After our little encounter in the plane lavatory we didn't say much else to each other. Em wasn't ready to believe me and I couldn't do much to prove all that I had promised her.

All that could be said there on the plane was said. I get her frustration with me not telling her and incidentally I desperately just wanted to blurt out. After all I was on her side of things for the last few months while I was waiting for her to tell me what haunts her so I completely get it.

Granted I got my answer by reading her journal. Don't suppose she suspects I've read the journal and I wasn't about to admit that and what happened between Jessica and I on a goddamn airplane. If I did there would be a high possibility that we'd both be chucked out somewhere over the ocean.

And I wasn't wimping out on telling her because I will tell her.

I just know that this conversation will probably end in the biggest fight we've ever had, a fight that makes what happened at Liam's look like child's play, and I'd much prefer that kind of unpleasantness happen in our private villa on the beach and not in a pressurized tin-can speeding miles high through the sky.

Yeah, she might be pissed that I didn't say anything but I much rather her pissed at me than make this journey more uncomfortable. The miserable flight would have been ten times more miserable if I told her on the plane. And she'd be way more annoyed with me right now.

So we sat in utter silence for the remainder of the flight. I tired to sleep but I didn't want Em to have another nightmare and not be there to wake her up from it.

Neither of us slept in the end and now we're both sitting in the back of the car I ordered to pick us up, exhausted and in Em's case, highly irritable.

She has every reason to be and after a full night of sleep I'm going to get down to business and tell her.

That's if she will let me of course.

If Emma puts up half the fight she did on the plane I'm not really sure how I'll be able to tell her but I know eventually I'll have to. Thus why I decided to wait until we had some privacy before our inevitable screaming match begins.

"Mr. Styles. We're here sir." Our driver announces as Emma pushes open her door and steps out.

I hadn't even noticed we were here because, as Em pointed out, I was looking at nothing but her.