Chapter 26

(^the use of this gif should be self explanatory. If it's not, our boy is soaking wet. Honestly, he releases a 30 second ad and I'm obsessed, how on earth will I survive when even more stuff comes out #swoon)

Like I Can - Sam Smith

Harry

"No way!"

She lovingly barks at me, trying to kick her bare legs out from under my hold but she's fooling herself if she thinks I'm going to let her down. I have to applaud her effect. Without hesitation, surprising for someone with no knickers on I'd say, doing everything she can to get me to falter my stride but that won't be happening any time soon... I can assure you.

My rather naughty mission won't be complete until she is nice and wet... soaked actually in more ways than one.

Oh yes, soaked!

"Harold!" Em fires at me with a swift slap to my bum.

Ooooo, using my fake formal name are we? And touching my bum... I'd ay that hinders her efforts if anything.

I have never fully understood why people call me that in the heat of anger or frustration. It's not even my real name for fuck sake.

It's Harry, only fucking Harry.

God it pisses me off.

But in this particular instance I am so flipping happy I couldn't care less what Emma calls me as long as she doesn't start legging it down the beach.

"Harold! Edward! Styles!"

Woah, someone's pulling out the big guns using my full name and all.

My gorgeous and frustrated girl continues to call me every name under the sun with her muffled yells as she grips the waistband of my trousers and starts to tug on them.

If I wasn't so preoccupied with getting Em to the shore, Harry jr. would probably be screaming at me to relieve some of the added tension especially given how tight my pants are before Em even started her assault.

But I know for a fact Em likes my impossibly tight pants so...

I just laugh it off and continue walking to the water knowing having Em in my arms in the ocean will be worth being so uncomfortable.

We're getting wet. We are both getting very very wet and that's prize enough!

I mean who wouldn't like a little moonlight swim with the person they love? I certainly wouldn't and I'm sure after some time to adjust Em will agree.

Hell, Emma told me she loved me today and knowing how hard that was for her a little swim with me should be a walk in the park.

And still I am taking in every single bit of this experience knowing full well that after tonight we might not be okay. I might wake up tomorrow in an empty bed, cold and alone, and Em will have closed herself off yet again in hope to make me leave her.

Well that's not happening.

And yet knowing there is a very high possibility of this happening all I have bucket loads of hope for the future.

You know I'm a bit surprised with myself actually.

Back in the car when I let it slip what I really want from her and got rejected I thought I'd be gutted, but I just got more hopeful. Emma didn't full on dismiss the idea that we might be together at the end of all this. I just know that once everything is explained between us and any exs we may have in our pasts are just that, in our past, we will have more than a chance.