Chapter 48

Harry

"So you're back together with her?"

"Yes."

"And you are absolutely sure," Liam gives me with a questioning look.

"Yes," I chuckle as I continue to pack my bag.

"You better be right because I don't think I could go through another break up between you two."

He can't go through it again? I have to laugh at that.

"Sorry Liam but what exactly did you go through?"

"You kidding right?" He huffs as if it's obvious as he plops himself on the bed.

It's not to me.

What did he actually go through?

I was the one who lost Em. I was the one who got assaulted by the crazy lunatic by the name Jessica. I was the one you spent night after night worrying about my girl, wondering where she was and what she was thinking and if she was hurting. I was the one who chased after her, frightened to my whits end that she might walk away from me. I was the one who had to tell her the truth and hear the same for her.

I was the one with the broken heart.

Not that I'm not eternally grateful for all Liam's help, because I am, I guess I just want to hear his explanation because it makes no bloody sense to me at the moment.

I should probably let him get on with it rather than looking back on those weeks of loneliness and pain.

"Well go on then."

As he rubs his hands together I see a few more tattoos snaking down his forearm and onto the back of his hand.

He's obsessed, I'm telling you.

"You have no clue how hard it is to be stuck between you and Emma."

"Wow thank you for the thorough explanation." I say sarcastically, grabbing my phone seeing if Em has left me any messages.

Nothing.

"Fine." Liam huffs laying back and gathering his thoughts. "I have never met two people as stubborn as the two of you."

I roll my eyes with a grumble. "I'm not that stubborn."

"Says the man Louis and I needed to push out the door to go to the police station and who stayed in bed moping about the loss of his girl for weeks while she was hurting just the same."

Why did he have to bring that up?

"You know why I didn't want to go."

"Harry, I know it must be hard to be in the situation you're in but it was the right thing to do. It had to be reported."

I simply nod at him.

It was the hardest bloody thing I had to do sitting in that room telling complete strangers what happened.

No I can't think back on that.

Not again.

It's over now.

"Anyway, I had to deal with a crying Emma that night, which was very weird. Seeing Emma cry was like seeing pigs fly, just didn't fit. Then I came up here to find that crazy slut on top of you. I had to deal with her, get your ass to the bathroom, and then relive it all over again when you woke up the next morning."

Okay maybe he's got a point.

"Need I go on?" He gives me with a silly yet knowing on his face.