Chapter 31

Stay - Rihanna

Emma

"Harry I think you've covered me."

"Nope, got to do a thorough job Em... wouldn't want you to get burned."

I'm laying out on my stomach, sunglasses on and my hair swept to the side. Harry said he needed a clear unobstructed space. I told him the spray was more than adequate but he was insistent that the cream sunscreen was better. He neglected to give me any reasons why he thought this but Harry is Harry, sometimes you just can't ask why.

All that was at least 15 minutes ago.

15 minutes of cold cream mixed with his strong hands. 15 minutes of his palms pressing up, down, and around my back. 15 minutes of his fingers dipping just below the waistband of my bikini bottoms and slipping under the laces of my top.

15 heavenly minutes and there is not an ounce of me that is complaining... hell I'm getting my second massage of the day... what more could a girl want?

"And you are doing a wonderful job babe..." I murmur as Harry's fingers press down my body, starting at my shoulder blades and traveling down and resting on my hips. "But I'd much rather you just lay down with me."

Keeping his hands right here they are, Harry leans down so close to my ear that his short curls brush my skin. "Oh... I am sure you would like that babe."

Harry leaves a smirk filled kiss on the base of my neck before sitting back up and pinching my hips. The shock from the subtle assault pulses through my entire body like an electric current traveling to the tips of my fingers and the curl of my toes. I bite my lip, the only way I can suppress my moan.

Relax Em, you got a lot of him last night.

Even the slightest touch, and yes Harry pinching my waist is a slight touch in comparison to what we got up to last night, can take over my body.

"And what is that supposed to mean?" I snipe back playfully, turning my head in his direction.

It is only now that he removes one of his hands to lift his sunglasses up just enough so he can wink at me before placing them back on the bridge of his nose.

"You are such a boy." I groan, resting my head down to get comfortable again. As he puts his hand back on me, my heart rate speeds up and I can't help but imagine all the dirty things we've already done this trip.

To say our bath was innocent is a severe understatement. He did well to keep his promise... I on the other hand did not.

Probably not the healthiest solution but I just couldn't take the emotional heaviness of the moment. I shouldn't have mentioned his tattoo. I shouldn't have mentioned my ring or necklace. I shouldn't have apologized for hurting him. I shouldn't have brought any of it up at all.

This all isn't to say Harry doesn't deserve an apology or proper recognition, because he does. At the end of the day we both have been equally as stubborn and pig headed and cruel as the other.

All I mean is that I shouldn't have brought any of it up because once I start with all the little things then it's just a quick hop skip and a jump to everything else... and I didn't want to start talking to Harry about my dad and Sam while we were both naked in the bath.

So I did the one thing I knew would distract him.

I started by placing soft kisses against his chest and collarbone. All innocent and sweet at first. It was the kind of closeness that is natural between a couple especially between two people as tactile and sexual as Harry and I.