Chapter 45

I Want You to Want Me - Gary Jules

Emma

The flight back home was the definition of horrific.

You remember that delicious seafood pasta I ate during Harry and my last meal in St. Barts? The one I couldn't stop saying good things about. The meal I thought I'd want to eat for the rest of my life.

Ya that one, well that ended up biting me in the ass.

The nausea was... I don't even want to think about it. It all came back up relentlessly. If I wasn't asleep I didn't get a moment peace.

And poor Harry.

Oh poor poor Harry.

He tried to be supportive holding my hair up and rubbing my back as we both crammed into the tiny airplane bathroom but I felt every time her gagged behind me.

Needless to say that didn't help but he never left my side. No once.

Everything made me feel sick from the slight scent of the cleaning solution in the toilet to the bright reading light of the man who sat in the row in front of me.

I've never felt so ill in my entire life and I'm not one to get sick like this.

It's been years and I mean years since I last threw up. Might sound gross but it's true. Seriously I'm just not the type of person to get ill, not even after a wild night out, I just don't do it. Sure I've been in the hospital a bunch of times growing up but I never get nauseous ill.

The whole flight was just a fucking nightmare.

Now we are finally back home. We decided to go straight back to school rather than go back to my family in Ireland. The twins were a bit disappointed but when I told them both Harry and I would be there soon they cooled off.

The warm familiarity of my room hits me immediately and although I still feel like I'm going to chuck my guts up being so close to my bed makes me feel better.

I dump my bag in the middle of my room and go straight to bed, Harry following close behind carrying the bulk of our things.

Don't know what I would do without him, he's the perfect gentleman when really needed.

Still feeling fragile I don't even bother to put pajamas on as I simply strip down to my bra and knickers before slipping under my covers.

"Babe if you're not feeling well you should put some more clothes on," Harry suggests lowly as he starts to take off his own clothes.

"Are you saying I don't look good in only this?"

I might feel ill but teasing Harry definitely makes me feel better. I might feel like I've lost the lining of my stomach but I certainly haven't lost my sense of humor.

Harry scoffs at me as he pulls down his tight black skinny jeans. "Em, I think we both know if you were feeling better I'd be pounding that headboard into the wall by now."

My insides twist in pleasure at the visual. Fuck why can't I be feeling better.

The nausea has subsided, for now at least. I have a fear it'll keep popping up for a bit for some unknown reason.

"Please Em, put this on." He passes me one of his sweatshirts and I greedily take it. I've missed his clothes. They are so big and warm and smell like him. It's the perfect thing to make me feel better.

"Thanks. I'll give it back tomorrow." I slip the fabric over my head as he gets into bed next to me and pulls me in close.

"Don't worry about it." I watch confused as he scrunches his face at me.