Chapter 56

Emma

"Liam please help me." I beg as he continues to ignore me. "Come on, you're the only one who can help me."

"I highly doubt that Emma." He smiles at my ordeal.

What is it about other people's pain that brings some sort of joy to others?

The reason I'm here begging for Liam's help in the middle of his flat is because I woke up this morning distraught. After a heavenly calm night with Harry I woke up this morning scared out the my mind.

Harry has no intention of telling me anything, I can feel it. Not about what happened, not how he feels about it.

Nothing.

Of course I know I hardly have a leg to stand on in this respect. I held out on Harry for so long I can't really argue with his silence but I must get it out of him.

And to top it all off I still have Jessica's letter burning a hole in my bag.

I want to read it. Sure I was nervous about it yesterday but that was because I was surprised by it's arrival. I was certainly not expecting to get anything from her. IF she had showed up at the meeting yesterday I could have given her one quick slap, a few choice words, and kicked her out. Clean, simple... but a letter, well with a letter I had no plan in place to deal with it.

Now that I have had time to process I want to read it so badly but I don't want to push Harry before he's ready.

Or do I?

So here I am with Liam asking him for help, maybe even read it?

Yes once again I am pulling poor Liam into the middle of my relationship with Harry. It's not as if I'm going to withhold the contents of the letter from Harry. I want to show him, I wish he was the first one I could share it with, but I think things will be better if I can prepare with someone who knows the whole story like Liam does.

On the contrary Liam might know more about all this than even I do.

Afterall I did bump into him that night. He was on his way to Harry's when I was leaving in an emotional mess that night and I can only guess that he continued upstairs after I left him.

Liam knows things, saw Harry that night and the days after it happened. He's the best to ask about it... well after Harry of course, but right now he's clamming up.

"Emma I'd love to help you but I really think you should ask Harry."

"I have." That's not entirely true, I shake my head to myself. "Well I've tried sort of, but I don't want to force him. I'll come off all bitchy and mean and after what he's been through I don't want that."

Liam looks at me with a sympathetic smile before carrying on with his task. "He loves you, even if you did come off that way he knows you don't mean it."

"Thank you for saying that but I need help."

I watch as he slowly shakes his head. "Why is it you two can't seem to do things on your own?"

And a light bulb goes off in my mind and I'm reminded of Harry last night. He knows about what Harry has planned.

"Liam tell me."

"Tell you what?"

I walk over to where he's sitting at his desk and stand over him. "What is Harry planning? Is it big? Should I prepare something in return? He's not proposing is he? Harry can't be that stupid right? It's too early. We're not in the right place. I don't know if I could–"