Chapter 59

Emma

That could have gone better.

I follow Harry the instant he leaves the room. Ya we've been here before, one of us walking away from the other but I'm not going to let it go the same as before. I'm going to fucking follow him and make him listen.

Tough love time.

"Emma what is going on? Harry just–"

"Harry!" I yell down the hall, passing a confused looking Lina without a word to her.

He doesn't turn back as he reaches the front door. Cool air hits me instantly when he opens it, clearly not worried about me in this moment, my whole body shivering at the contact.

I should have grabbed a coat.

Dammit.

Not minding the cold evening air, I follow him out into the dark and deserted street.

"Harry this is silly. Come back inside." But he doesn't listen, he doesn't even look back at me. Harry just keeps marching down the pavement and with his long strong legs Harry could be miles in front of me within moments.

Alright that's an obvious exaggeration but I feel like this particular instance calls for a bit of exaggerated drama.

I know I said I didn't want to push him but seeing his reaction scares the shit out of me. He thinks she's really gone and that isn't the least bit safe. Jessica can come back at any moment and if Harry hasn't overcome this trauma of his life he will just hurt more and more.

Somehow I need to get him to see that what she wrote means nothing, it's just some sick and twisted tactic to get to me and to him, put our guards down until she strikes again.

"Please just listen to me for a minute," I call after him in vain. Harry is so determined to not listen to any type of reason now but god dammit I am going to shove it in his face until he does.

Suddenly he turns to face me, fire in his eyes as he waits for me to catch up.

Aww what a gentleman.

"For tonight Emma, I'm done listening to you."

His harsh tone slices through me making every nerve in my body want to direct me back home but this isn't about me, it's about him.

"Harry please, let's just talk about it." I say between heavy breaths.

God I thought I was fitter than this, then again emotion is involved and I've never been wonderful at that.

"I promise I'll listen to you and–"

"No Emma, I want to go home." He huffs, rubbing the back of his neck. "Just let me go, we can talk to tomorrow."

I shake my head, fear beating through my heart. "I don't think that's a good idea."

"Honestly, I don't care what you think Emma."

I hate that's he keeps calling me Emma, it sounds so cold.

"Harry don't shut me out. Not now, not after–"

"Oh like you did to me for months?" He screams, I'm sure we're waking up the neighbors. "Isn't that calling the kettle black."

"That's not fair." Now that he's going the the same thing he should know how bloody difficult yet essential it is to open up about these things.

"How dare you throw that back in my face." I fire back. "You have no right to say that especially since I have actually opened up to you. I'm just asking for the same."