Chapter 2: Hogwarts Express

I wake up to the sweet sound of singing birds.

I rub my eyes and yawn.

I look around my room and I remember, today's the day!

*******************************************

The train station was packed. I spotted a couple of other kids going toward platforme 9 3/4.

I say good bye to my parents, knowing I should start heading toward the platform. The train is about to leave.

After the hugs and kisses and the 'See you in a little while' s I started pushing my cart of suitcases and belongings through the bustling crowd.

As soon as I arrived at platform 9 3/4 I started running toward the brick wall.

As I reached the other end, my heart rate had litrally quadropled because I HAVE WANTED TO DO THAT FOR SO LONG!

I hope my reaction toward the transition wasn't to obvious for the people around me.

But I started catching other people's glances at how overly excited my expression looked. I tried to ignore the fact that I looked like a freak, and continued to board the train.

I took my suit cases and tried to push them on board, but they wouldn't get in!

"Ugh!" I groan.

A young boy next to me with brown hair that sticked to his head, and green eyes, offered to carry my stuff for me, and I allowed him to, feeling relieved that I didn't have to do it alone.

"So what's your name?" He asked as we walked through the passage ways through passenger cabinets.

"April." I replied.

"Oh, mine is Alex. Nice to meet you! Oh you should come sit with us!" He pointed at a passenger cabinet in the middle of the aisle.

"Oh sure! Thanks." I say politley. Jeez I didn't think I would be making friends so soon. I thought I'd be one of those people who repel company.

We walked toward the passenger cabinet, and I noticed there were others in there too. Three other girls and one other boy.

Alex slid open the door and we stepped in.

"Angelica, Jocelyn, Amber, and Zach, this is April, she's new around here. April, these are my friends."

"Hi." I say awkwardly but with a sweet smile. They all smile back except for Zach which kind of stares out the window.

They all look like a really nice group of kids, I think we'd get along just fine.

"Hi!" All three girls say at the same time as I sit next to Amber.

I smile at their eagerness to get to know me. Ha!

They all lean forward and examine me.

"Hi, my name is Angelica, but everyone calls me Angel!" Angelica says. She looked really pretty. Like those girls that have natural beauty and their make up is so minimal, and they're still pretty. I've never put on make up, but her's looks beautiful.

"Hi Angel. " I say to her.

"Well I'm Jocelyn, but you can call me Joci, nice to meet you!" The girl next to Angel says as she flips her hair behind her shoulder. And greets me formally by shaking hands. She has on glasses and a scarf covering her entire neck, she also has brown hair like mine.

"Joci, come on! Loosen up, you don't have to be formal every second of the day!" Amber says and turns to me and continues, "Seriosly though, this girl right here." She points her finger at Joci and rolls her eyes sarcastically.