Chapter 6

After we had walked into the castle, I made sure we were alone in that hall.

"Tom, please, please, listen to me." I said with a hint of desperation in my voice, "please let me help you."

He went to the Slytherin common room, said the password and the passage way shut right in my face.

How foolish was I to think THE TOM RIDDLE would even try listening to me? Me. The ordinary, stupid, girl. I bet he has a kazillion girls that are throwing themselves at him, maybe not all wanting to help him, but still. I was probably just a pest, and making him angrier. And most likely making the situation worse than it already is.

I started back for the Gryffindor dormitories, and saw that everyone was already out for breakfast. I walked toward Amber, and the rest.

Put on the most fakest smile, and sat with them.

The day went by very quickly, and soon it was dinner time. I wasn't feeling very hungry so I decided to go for a stroll.

I started humming a low sad tune.

I was listening to my foot steps, my shoes touching the ground with that little click-clack, through the empty halls.

Click clack click clack...clickety clackity. I stopped the second I heard the other pair of foot steps. Am I BEING FOLLOWED?

As I stopped, the sound of footsteps did not stop.

They were coming from behind the corner. I sprinted to the corner and looked over to see if anyone was there.

All I saw was a quick shadow of a tall man, before he disappeared into the girls bathroom.

Of course the first thought that came into my head was Tom Riddle. So of course I just had to see what he was up to. For the sake of this school, if not for my own.

I entered through the same passage way into the girls bathroom, that has been abandoned for a while I believe.

I look around the bathroom, the sinks were on and the bathroom was flooded.

"Ugh." I sigh as I look down at my own feet and find my shoes were soaking.

I heard crying coming from a corner.

"Hello? Are- are you alright?" I whisper as I try to find the owner of the sobs and weeps.

"Ohh!" I hear a whine.

"Who are you?" I ask.

I walk past the round sink area in the middle and see a blue clear figure standing in the corner.

"I'm... I'm dead." said the oddly sour high pitched voice.

That's an odd thing to say, I thought to myself.

"No you're not, I can hear you and see you." I say back.

The girl quickly turns around and FLOATS right to me.

"IM A GHOST!" She yelled frightened.

There's many ghosts in this school but a young ghost? Was she a student here? How the bezours did she get killed?!

"I can see that." I replied gently.

The girl looked at me through her glasses, as if daring me to say any more.

"What's your name?" I ask.

"Myrtle." She replied shortly.

" How did you die exactly?" I ask her.

"I was just sitting and crying and-and I heard a knock, I saw a boy's shadow pass by then some oddly strange language being spoken. I continued to cry and I heard a sound of rattling and scratching, I thought it was one of the boys in my class trying to intimidate me.. and I went to tell him to go away, when I saw a big green reptile eye. Then I became like this..." She finished as she pointed to herself.

I was about to leave to continue my stroll and think about the ways Riddle could be involved in this...when it hit me. (literally.)

"Myrtle, has anyone odd or maybe a bit strange talk to you recently? Perhaps acted nice towards you? Specifically, a boy? A- a handsome one?" I don't know why the last part came out of my mouth. I'm not attracted to an evil do-er who doesn't take the time to be human and not hold himself so stiff and pretend no one matters to him. (I hope he's pretending he doesn't care about anyone.)

"Now that I think about it... yes. A boy with a rather odd name I cannot recount though..." she replied.

"What did he tell you Myrtle?!" I asked desperately.

"Nothing, he's my friend though."

"Myrtle, are you a pure blood?" my mind started racing.

"No," she replied.

"Myrtle, I think Hogwarts is in trouble and more importantly, are the muggle borns and half bloods!"I tell her as I turn to head toward the door.

Myrtle simply tunes around and goes back to sobbing and weeping.

"I'm...I'm dead!!" Comes another sob from Myrtle as I walked out.

I tried not to panic about the fact that Riddle IS up to something bad and I needed to find out quick. I was a good witch after all, I think I'm capable of stopping him.

I run to Dumbeldore's office and burst in through the door. He was speaking with one of the professors.

"Professor Dumbeldore, I must speak with you. Now." I say as they stare at me still in surprise mode.

"That's a rather rude entrance don't you think?" said the professor standing next to Dumbeldore.

"Oh Taurus," says to the professor that was a bit fat.

"Miss April? May I ask you to wait patiently outside while I finish my conversation with Professor Bulswik?" Asks Dumbeldore.

"Of course sir," I almost grunt. Couldn't he see this was urgent?! There is a heartless maniac on the loose who's murdering innocent people!

As I wait outside the door, I eavesdrop through the door.

"Albus, you know he's a danger! You must expell them both! They're helping each other I tell you. I swear!" says the voice coming through the door which I was sure was from the fat chubby man.

"Very well Lucas, but I must assure you, I trust April to not get caught up in this madness and only to find out what he's up to. But thank you for your opinion, I shall...consider it." says Dumbeldore.

"As you wish head master, but don't think I will stop investigating the activities and events taken place by them, and if I do, I shall report to you immediately!" The Lucas the large man talking to Dumbeldore says, the door opens to Dumbeldores office as Lucas walks through, swishing his robe in my face as he gives me a disgusted stare.

I ignore him and walk in.

"Professor Dumbeldore," I say.

"Miss April, I believe you have something very urgent to tell me." he says.

"Erm yes. I had something to tell you." I say.

"Well by all means, proceed." he says.

"All the muggle borns in this school are in-" I tried to say the word 'danger' but it wouldn't come out!

"I was saying, they're all in-" this time I started choking. I collapsed to the ground coughing. It felt like someone was actually choking me but there was no one.

"Miss April!" I hear Dumbeldore shout, "Are you alright?!" I see him walking over to me from his desk.

I cough and realize that I can't breathe anymore!! I was suffocating!!

A couple of more gasps for air without succeeding and ALL went BLACK. The last thing I saw were a pair of devious almond colored eyes. Tom's.