Chapter 8

I wake up to the sound of chirping birds. The sun was shining on me and my bed. I barely could remember last night. I just remember feeling needed and cared for.

I look over to my right and I see no sight of Madame Ellen. I look to the left and still don't see Madame Ellen, but on the chair next to my bed sat a boy. Riddle.

His eyes were shut and he was sleeping in a what looked like a very uncomfortable position, while his right arm was resting on the right side of my bed.

I instantly was put in a good mood just by seeing him. But why? He was, after all the one who casted the 'crucio' spell on me! Also the murderous beast that I was trying to warn Dumbeldore about...

But my main confusion is why he is even doing all of this. Why? What will he gain that he doesn't have right now? He's already rich, has friends, great wizard, and handsome What else does he want? World domination? Ha!

I pull over my sheets to stand up and as I do Tom quickly grabs my arm and pulls me back.

"What the he-" I start but get cut off.

"Shh. I'm not even supposed to be here." he says.

"So why are you?" I ask arrogantly.

"I just wanted to see if you were alright...thats all." he says smoothly.

"Okay then. As you can see I'm fine, Madame Ellen said I could leave as soon as I'm up on my feet. And I am." I say as I turn to go.

"Wait, I want to make it up to you, I really didn't mean to hurt you, just to only stop you that night... I didn't know this would happen. So would you like to eat lunch with us? Actually more like a 'you will eat lunch with us, so be there'." he says.

"Well, as exciting and fun as it sounds, I will be eating with my friends at lunch." I reply.

"Friends?! You call them friends? None if them tried to come see you when you were ill! None of them care about you and you call them friends?" He scoffs, "You sure know what sort of people to surround yourself with."

"You know? I think you're right. Why do I waste my time trying to help you through this, when all you're going to do is place an unforgivable curse on me. Mr. Riddle, you make a very good point."

I turn to leave feeling a little but broken inside, for have talking to him like that. He needs care and love, he was even trying his best to make it up to me! He even stayed with me throughout the night!

And with those thoughts, I came to one conclusion: I'll eat lunch with him, and give him a chance.

-------------------------------------------------------

I looked at myself in front of the mirror in between Amber and I's bed. I looked OKAY. I had a bit of dark circles under my eyes and I looked awfully thin. My cheek bones were even showing. In second thought, I look like a disaster!

I look over to my bed and see the boxes of chocolate that Amber, Angelica, Jocelyn and Alex probably brought me. The second I got them back from Madame Ellen I couldn't stop stuffing my face with them. I'm still shocked there's still a couple left!

I exit the Gryffindor common room and I enter the enormous dining hall. I quickly scan to make sure no one sees me. Nope, no sign of my friends, good. I soon realize that barely anyone is there and so I walk back out into Hogwarts grounds that surround the castle and I spot a group of Slytherins talking down by a tree, in a small circle.

They seemed a bit focused and also a bit routy as well. I see that Tom was with them, so I walked along to them and joined their circle.

"Hi everyone," I say.