Chapter 20

His heart was soaked with the venom of evil. His eyes were the definition of clever. And his mind, was the reflection of the devil.

After a good nights rest, I woke up and immediately felt lonely from the empty-ness of the dorm. It's only the second day without my friends, and I am so not used to them not being here.

And I don't have anyone to talk to! Max might've been one person I would like to talk to, but I think I warded him off... maybe I should go apologize?

Well, I guess it was kind of rude of me for leaving yesterday. Also, I can't have Max suspicious if me, I could just say that that topic makes me nervous. Yeah I think he'll buy that. Plus it wouldn't really be lying, that subject does make me uncomfortable.

But aside from having someone to speak with, I'm actually OKAY with have some alone me-time!

So after slipping into my robes, I casually walked out the Gryffindor dorm and towards the Ravenclaw tower.

Halfway there, I heard my stomach grumble. Hmm... It wouldn't hurt to get some breakfast first. So I change routes and head towards the Great Hall instead.

I walk into the room that's usually crowded with students and teachers, but now was just empty wooden seats.

I feel a cool morning breeze against my face and I sighed as my stomach flipped from side to side from the unbearable silence. I took a seat in front of a small array of food plates which was set neatly on the Gryffindor table. I grabbed some grapes, toast, and eggs, and finally I poured myself a cup of tea. After finishing the delicious meal, I lifted my self up and started walking towards the door, but something rather odd caught my eye.

It was a some sort of journal or diary, just lying unattended on the floor. I kneeled down to pick it up, and as I grabbed it by its leather spine and turned it over, I spotted a name on the cover, "Tom Marvolo Riddle".

My hands quickly let go of the diary as it fell back onto the stone floor.

After taking a few deep breaths, and mentally persuading myself that that I should pick it up, I picked it back up and stroked the cover to make sure I was actually holding HIS diary.

This can come in so handy. I could read this and find out what he's actually up to! I smile and slip the diary into my cloak's pocket, along with my wand.

Then I make my way toward the Ravenclaw tower.

Once there I just took a seat outside their entrance, and decided that I would just wait till he came out.

And while I was waiting, might as well catch up on some reading. So I brought Tom's diary out of my cloak pocket, and set it neatly on my lap.

I open the diary and flip to the first page.

My eyes scanned the pages as I flipped through the diary. But l they were all BLANK! Empty! Nothing! Nada!

Okay, change of plans. I'll talk to Max later, I gotta get myself to the library, and see if I can figure this out. Tom is much more important than me apologizing to Max, I could do THAT anyday. But Tom, who knows what he's planning to do next, and somebody's gotta take action before it's too late!
And ugh! Call me nosy but I can't stand the fact that I don't have access to this!

With that I stood up, feeling confident as ever, thinking, 'That persons gonna be me. I'm gonna figure out what he's up to, then I'll be able to save a bunch of people, and best reward of all; outsmart Tom...for once anyways.' I march over to the library, swing open the door and let the warm air swarm around my senses, calming me down. I just wanted to take the aroma of the room and wrap it around myself like nice fluffy blanket...No, no, it wasn't the warm air, it was the scent inside the warm air...a specific cologne...Tom was in here not that long ago...his scent was fresh. Okay that sounded really creepy, but seriously, his cologne...