Chapter 18

--A month or so later--

It was almost Christmas and so many things had happened. There have been killings. Six so far. It all started the day after the ball. First students were found petrified here and there, but recently there has been killings.

Amber had been growing more and more nervous fore each day that passed, there were more and more cases.The whole school had been on lock down, as everyone was struggling to try to find the source of the problem.

Tom was no where to be seen. The only times I've see him was in Potions, he is terribly silent. He only answers the questions, takes down notes, and when class is over he stands and without speaking a word to anyone, he leaves.

I think the professors have gotten suspicious of him, but he leaves no evidence that he has anything to do with it, so they cannot blame him.

Ever since the night when we were in the chamber of secrets, which we have not told a living soul about, Tom has grown more secretive and protective of what he's doing. No more open entrances to the pipes which lead to the chamber. No traces of him anywhere. He doesn't talk to ANYONE. And I honestly don't know how he takes it. Not talking with anyone. Not even small chat here and there. Not even to me! Well why should he? He doesn't even look at me.

Today we started off the day going to the infirmary. Checking up on Richard.

He has been feeling much better, but still a bit dreary. Madame Ellen has been taking great care of everyone who has been petrified. Thankfully there are more students petrified than killed.

Classes went by normally. We have started studying magical plants and healers. It gets quite boring, but considering the circumstances, it wouldn't hurt to know a thing or two about natural healers.

Other than that, there was a new paper on the bulletin this morning stating:

Dear Hogwarts students and professors,

The ministry of magic has been notified of the particular events taking place at Hogwarts school of magic and wizardry.

We have decided that, if a stop is not put to these killings, and the source of all this, we have no choice other than to demand immediate departure of all students and professors at Hogwarts. Hogwarts is no longer safe. Hogwarts must be torn down and no longer a certified school of magic.

You have been granted 2 weeks, and two weeks only to put a stop to all of these killings, or the suspect and the person behind all of it is turned in, or else the school must be shut down.

Sincerely,

The Ministry of Magic

I let out a big sigh.

The thought of 'Shutting down Hogwarts' forever made me shiver. Hogwarts is home. It is home to everyone. And the thought of not ever coming back to Hogwarts made me sick.

I just knew Riddle was behind all this. And my question is, why? Why doesn't he put a stop to it, after all, he started it. Why would he do that?

I hope he saw the bulletin, maybe then he would do something about it. Maybe turn himself in, if not that stop whatever is doing the killings. Anything to stop the ministry from tearing this great castle to smithereens.

I had gotten back from dinner where we all discussed what to do, and getting tired of the same old conversation over and over and getting to no solution, I just left.

I've been getting 'Real sassy' as Amber tells me. But she knows I don't have a piece of mind at this time. She thinks the whole idea of how Riddle is behind all this is ridiculous. At first I was shocked of her response and thought he was kidding, but no. She was serious. She thinks Riddle is innocent! The percentage of him being innocent is 0.5%! But for some reason, they don't believe me. Therefore, I refuse to listen to them argue about something I know the answer to.