Chapter 19

"What?!" I gasped.

"He did it. It's all his fault." His words were cold and crisp.

"I'm planning on turning him in, you're welcome to help if you desire." He remarked calmly with his solid expression.

"There has got to be a mistake," I shook my head. "Not Hagrid. Hagrid is our friend!" I said protestingly.

I tried to connect all of this but just couldn't. It doesn't make any sense! Why would Hagrid let his pet wander around like that? Whatever it is, he knows better! He's the expert! He wouldn't harm a fly! Or do I not know him well enough?

Tom might be right. But Hagrid? Not Hagrid. It just can't.

"It's hard to believe, yes. But it's the truth." He assured me as he placed a warm hand on my shoulder and guided both of us back to the castle.

What if he's right though? We'd have to turn him in. I know Tom wouldn't want the school to shut down, so why would he do it? He just said that he hadn't, so that sort of makes sense, but the part about Hagrid... No, whoever is doing it, it can't be Hagrid.

We soon approached the castle and as I turned to head to the Gryffindor common room Tom speaks up, "Are you willing to help put a stop to all this before every mud-, muggle is killed? Maybe even save the school from destruction?"

"Anything to stop them from tearing down Hogwarts, but-" I started but get cut off.

"Then meet me in the library, in say...Two hours?" He said as he combed his shiny, black wavy hair and supposedly smoothens it, though it's as as smooth and slick as possible already, and then dropping his hands back to his sides, he pulls his head up and turns away, hurrying off toward the main hall.

I continued walking toward the Gryffindor common room and accidently bump into something.

Oops! Not something...someone!

"Oh my goodness, I'm so so sorry! I wasn't watching where I was going! An-and I'm so sorry!" I squealed.

The person got up as he rubbed temple, after he sees me his crooked expression turned into a glamorous one.

"It's alright, it happens." his smile was wide and cheerful.

"Oh, hey Max," I said to him.

"Barely have seen you, what's up?" He asked.

"Oh, you know... The usual. How about you?" I asked politely.

"All's the same. Hey, I was going to get some butterbeer down at Hogsmeede, care to join?" he offered.

"Uh..." I don't have to meet up with Tom for a few hours, so yeah I guess I could. "Sure," I shrug. "Why not?"

"Great! Let's get going!" he exclaimed.

"Lead the way!" I replied.

"You've never been to Hogsmeede?" He asked concerned.

"Nope," I replied shyly.

"Aw man, you're gonna love it. Come on!" he said as we then hurry off out of the castle and into Hogsmeede.

Little did we know, someone was watching us.

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

LATER AT HOGSMEEDE

.-.-..-.-.-.-.-.-.-

"The butterbeer is delicious! Best I've ever had!" I exclaimed.

"Yeah, same," Max says as he rubs his temple once again.