Chapter 17: The Chamber of Secrets

A new chapter is up! You've waited long enough! Thank you all for being so patient with me! I know it took a pretty long time. :/ sorry!

Any who! Enjoy!

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

*Thump!*

We had all landed on the hard cold metal ground, with plenty of water puddles all around. We were in the pipes.

I looked around to check on everyone and saw everyone was gasping for their breath.

"Is everyone OK?" I whispered.

Everyone nods and it's then when I notice Joci kneeling over the ground.

I hurry over to her as I place my right hand on her shoulder, "You alright?"

"April...look." she slowly and gently lifts the palm of her hand from the ground and I see that it was stained red. Blood.

We exchange glances and then both look back at the ground and see it's also stained with blood. Not only that, but there was a trail of blood leading through the pipes.

"Come on guys, let's get this over with." Said Alex softly.

"Alex is right. I mean, if we just backed out now... I don't know how I'd sleep tonight. We have come this far, let's go through with it, putting aside the danger which may or may not lurk ahead. Agreed?" Amber remarked.

We all nodded in agreement as we straightened up.

"Lumos," I said as we all began walking in the dark, hollow pipes with very little light, following the blood stricken path leading to the underground room that only I knew awaited for us.

The thoughts that were jumping around my head were just mad. I think I've gone mad! With Riddle on the mind, it's hard to keep track!

I mean what if we go in and something goes wrong? We're not even supposed to be here, we're supposed to be at the ball!

I saw Riddle at the ball, so that means we won't run into him, right?

And so what we run into him?

' I shouldn't be afraid of him now, right? He and I are friends now...right?'

But what are the chances we'll run into him in the first place?

I let out a big sigh of frustration.

But I just have a feeling that the scream could be traced to something he has done.

As we were strutting along the winding, hollow, not to mention chilly pipes, Zach slowly walked over to me and as we started walking in sync he whispered gently into my ear, "I think I know where we're heading to," he pauses, "I was reading in the restricted section the other day and there was this section about someplace in the castle known as the Chamber of Secrets, built by Salazar Slytherin himself, for one day the heir of Salazar would be able to open the chamber and get rid of all the muggle borns attending Hogwarts."

Something just hit me. All this might be Tom's fault. He opened the Chamber, he's in Slytherin. He doesn't like muggles. Maybe he's the heir of Salazar Slytherin!

"Zach?" I ask abruptly.

"Mhm?"

"Who could have opened the Chamber? I mean given the current circumstances, who would want to kill all muggle borns?"

"Well, Salazar himself did most definitely not like the idea of muggles attending Hogwarts, so it would be reasonable to build a chamber for his future heir to finish the job he could not...haven't you done your Hogwarts history essay? It included some of that information, you couldn't have missed it."