Chapter 14:

He stood up, and he put his book away slowly and walked out of the darkness, and entered the light. He was now in my view. I gulped.

"Hello Tom." I said back.

"Nice to see you again." He said as he kept a straight face.

"You-you as well," I stutter.

I gazed at him. He was wearing an over all coat beneath his suit and tie, which had the Slytherin house snake imprinted on it. His body like always, had great posture.

His face was simple to read, and yet his mind was so hard to master. His eyes stared back at me, which made my heart go still and my feet numb.

His wavy hair was slicked to one side and his face was radiant, very much unlike his current life status. But he still looked so desirable to me and I didn't know why, and I think that's what has been bothering me for a while.

"Anytime you're done checking me out, let me know, so we can begin." He smirked.

I mentally slap myself.

I quickly drop my gaze and think of how foolish I was to do that. Ugh.

I take out my wand and with a wave of it, the entire room is tidied up, from the dusty tables to the spiderwebs in the corners.

Tom took out his wand and he waved it around and the chandelier shined and so did all the other lights in the room.

It looked better already.

I took my wand once again and cleaned the walls and the ground and then I set up the tables and stands for food and drinks.

"Now for decorations." I said.

I flicked my wand and tried to remember the spell that was used to make something you desire appear.

You just had to imagine what you wanted and say the spell. For example, now I need some red curtains... I just had to think of the object and say the spell.

I focused and angled my wand at one of the long, big, windows. I noticed Tom had stepped back and was now observing every move I took.

I gulped.

I flicked my wand and instead of red curtains plain curtains appeared as the color red flickered on and off on them.

"That's not how you do it stupid." he said letting out a long desperate sigh.

I tried not to take his words too offensive.

He took a few steps towards me and I felt his arm brush against my own.

Ever since that day when I woke up and found out that he gave me the dark mark, I feel so frightened of him whenever he gets too close.

I don't want him to hurt me again. I just don't feel safe around him now.

As I thought these thoughts about him, he paused for a good 5 seconds and glanced downward. As if feeling sorry...as if he heard my thoughts. Weird.

He then resumed his spot next to me and waved his wand and made the curtains red.

" You have to focus completely and only on the thing you need, in addition to that, you must angle your wand like this...that's the only way it'll work." he remarked calmly as he demonstrated how to hold my wand for the spell.

"Right," I replied stiffly as I took out my wand and tried to take his his advice.

I pointed my wand towards the walls to add gold and royal silk streamers.

'Gold silk streamers,
Royal silk streamers,
Gold silk streamers'

Then I whispered the spell and streamers of gold, intertwined with royal streamers scurried across the walls.