Chapter 16: The Ball

"Those

Who

Are

Heartless,

Once

Cared

Too

Much."

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

Music was all around the room. It was definitely not like the pixie music Tom and I danced to, but it was close.

I closed my eyes for a quick second to take in the exciting setting.

"You did such a great job!" exclaimed Amber.

"Yeah, it looks nice." remarked calmly Zach.

"Thanks," I say as I smile to both of them.

We were one of the first people there so we just lightly chatted as we watched more and more people enter.

Angel and Joci were pointing at all the cute guys and rating them, while Alex and Zach chatted in the corner.

Meanwhile Amber and I stood next to Angel and Joci also rating guys from scales of 1-10, because hey, we had nothing better to do as we waited.

"Oh definitely a 9..." Whispered Angel as she pointed her finger toward a tall, slim blonde guy who had just walked in through the big wooden doors.

"Eh...not anything more than an 8.5." whispered Joci back.

I squinted to get a better look at the boy who was surrounded by a bunch of chatty Ravenclaw girls and I tapped Amber's shoulder immediately.

"Hey Amber, we know him! It's that Ravenclaw prefect!" I exclaimed.

The prefect who's name was Max, the prefect who had caught is an brought us to Dumbeldore's office that night we were checking out the old potion's classroom.

Amber looked over to the direction I was pointing to.

"Max!" she said as she smirked at me.

I immediately returned the smirk to Amber.

We stand around for about five more minutes and the hall was completely packed. McGonnagal announced for everyone to find a dancing partner as soon as possible before the ball officially began.

My eyes searched the room for Riddle, but he was no where to be found!

I was on my tippy toes and my head was tilted back, as I tried to spot Tom Riddle, and suddenly I felt a tap on my shoulder.

I slowly turned around to see a tall, skinny boy with blonde hair. His hair was neatly combed, and he looked well groomed.

"Hey, if it isn't Miss April? You look quite exquisite tonight," he says with a soft laugh.

'Actually, it's Aurora. But no need for you to know, you handsome, nosy, teacher's pet.' I say inside my head.

"Nice seeing you too Max," I reply smoothly making sure my tone was as slick as possible.

"Woah, how did you know my name? And yes, I suppose it is nice for you to see me again." He replied as he looked down at me and then smirked.

Woah. Cocky much? This guy's ego is greater than I thought.

"I'm not stupid, " I said in defense as I placed both my hands on my waist.

"Never said you were," he said cooly as he stared into the distance. Then He rubbed the back of his head, looked down at the floor, then back up at me.