Chapter 4

After finishing our dinner, Amber grabs my hand and drags me out of the room and we go up to the same room we were at this very morning.

We go inside and find a good hiding place under a table next to the room where Tom could walk into any second. We a had a good view of Tom this way.

"Hey, Amber? Don't you think we should go check up on that kid he was torturing, maybe get anything out of him?"

"Good idea!" She says to me as we both sneek out from the table and go into the other room.

As we slowly enter, I see a boy handcuffed to the wall by strange looking handcuffs with snake scales over them. The boy looked beat up. He had scars all over his face.

He was sleeping too. I stepped closer and the wooden floor beneath me creaked and he quickly jumped awake.

After a moment of examination, he talked.

"Why are you here? Go. Go and never come back. Before-" He stopped.

"Before what?" I ask quickly.

"Before he comes, what else?! Just go! Go."

Amber takes a few steps back.

I don't.

"Hey, we're here to help you. I-I won't let him hurt you this time." I choke at taking another look at his scars and bruises.

"This time? Wha- nevermind. Just get out."

"Please. We need to know what he's up to. Please let us."

"Fine. Do what you want, I warned you."

"Do you know anything of what Riddle is plotting?"

"I can't tell you."

"Why is that?" I ask.

We hear rapid foot steps.

Amber takes my arm and we run under the table.

It takes a few seconds to catch my breath again, then I focus on whats about to happen.

"Hello there Richard. Have you made up your mind yet?" says a low handsome voice.

There's no response to his question.

"Answer me you filthy mudblood!" He spoke to him with such hatred it made me feel like the boy must have done something wrong, but what? He was a wizard just like Riddle himself...oh...muggles...

"I'll never tell you, and you know that yourself Tom." The boy says.

"How dare you speak my first name, you worthless creature!"

*ZAP*

And more screaming followed. Amber and I gave each other terrified looks. Honestly, I didn't want to see this anymore than she had, but we came this far, now we have to wait till its over, then leave. Plus I am so reporting this to Dumbeldore...wait...that would make it worse, Riddle would then know someone was there. He would know it was me too, I'm the only one apperently thats 'standing in his way' of doing what he wants.

So begins the worst hour of our lives. Of Riddle casting spells and the Crucio spell espescially, and those zaps followed by frightening screams. It was painful to bare, I don't know how Riddle takes this.

Such a sad life his was and is, that it doesn't hurt him to torture others like that.

Soon he gave up, and went to the door.

"I'll see you tomorrow morning then? Be prepared though, I'm not going so easy on you as I am now. I'll get that passcode from you if it's the last thing I do." He leaves with a striaght calm face.