one

jungkook looked around the unfamiliar classroom, filled with unfamiliar students, all throwing him unfamiliar glances

"jeon jungkook, correct?" the teacher, professor young, spoke, her menacingly dark eyes peering at the younger through her thick-rimmed glasses.

"yes, ma'am," jungkook politely replied, throwing a subtle smirk at the girls in the front row who began to giggle softly with red cheeks.

"your seat will be next to kim taehyung in the back row," professor young announced, gesturing to a desk occupied by a lavender-haired teen who was currently staring out the windows, too distracted to even notice the presence of the new student in the room.

jungkook nodded, beginning to make his way towards his assigned seat, ears picking up on the hushed whispers and chuckles coming from his classmates. he shrugged, not paying that much mind to it as he reached his seat, pulling back the chair with a loud screech and sat down, allowing his backpack to fall down onto the floor next to the legs of the desk.

that's when he remembered his new seatmate.

turning his head to the side, he frowned when he realized that the purple-haired individual was still facing the window, their back facing jungkook.

looking around the room briefly, he took the distance of his seat from the teacher's desk as an advantage and lightly tapped on his neighbor's shoulder.

his seatmate flinched, head whipping around in a split second.

ethereal caramel doe eyes slowly made contact with widened onyx ones.

there were many things that jungkook could've said at that very moment; things like "you're pretty," "nice to meet you," or even a simple "hey."

but things just decided to not go jungkook's way as the ravenette's brain literally went into shutdown mode and out of all the possible things he could say, the first thing he managed to utter was,

"are you a girl?"