special: jimin & yoongi

one year before the events of petit

jimin was heading back to the dorms late at night, a large bag of instant ramen in his right hand and his phone in the other. he momentarily glanced down at the lit screen of his phone and smiled at a text his best friend sent him, deciding to stop in his tracks to type a quick response.

it was then he suddenly heard shuffling noises in the bush right next to him. tensing in his spot, he shoved his phone away into his jeans' pocket and backed away from the bush as hastily as he could, all while keeping an eye on the shrub.

however, within a couple of seconds, a soft purr was heard and a spot of gray fur emerged from the bush, causing jimin to instantly stop in his retreat.

oh, it's only a cat. he let out a breath of relief at that realization and approached the small creature cautiously, watching as it struggled to get itself out of its tangle in the many branches and leaves.

"aw, you poor thing," he mumbled with a frown, setting the grocery bags on the pavement and crouching down to get a better look at the troubled tabby. "let me help you, yeah?" he smiled and carefully began reaching for the feline.

unfortunately, the cat probably saw jimin reaching forward as a sign of attack, because as soon as the tip of jimin's fingers brushed against the creature's fur, the cat instantly managed to break itself free from the branches and roughly clawed at jimin's exposed forearm before hurriedly scurrying away.

the pain took a while to set in, with jimin groaning out in pain when it did. he looked down at the monstrous, angry red mark stretching across his skin and cried out as the blood flowed out at an agonizing pace.

"fuck, fuck, fuck," he hissed, reaching for his phone with his uninjured hand and messaging taehyung, requesting for emergency help and reporting his current location. "fuck," he grunted out, whipping his head around frantically in hopes of spotting anyone who can possibly assist him and his bleeding arm.

after what seemed like hours of waiting for help, a silver porsche finally drove by jimin.

"help!" jimin called out as loudly as he could, praying that the driver of that vehicle had been alert enough to hear his cry or see him from his rearview mirrors.

thankfully, his prayers were answered as the car was later parked near jimin and an older man with odd, bright green hair got out. the said man turned around and furrowed his eyebrows when he saw jimin kneeling on the sidewalk with one hand furiously clutching onto his right forearm.

"the hell happened to you?" the driver asked, striding over to jimin and eyes visibly widening at the red substance seeping out from between jimin's fingertips. "oh damn, hold on. i have some first-aid shit in my trunk," he declared, rushing over to his car to retrieve the items.

jimin simply nodded, no longer having the mental or physical strength to question anything or anyone, especially not the stranger. he lost track of how long he had been stranded here, but it's presumably close to around half an hour, and taehyung was still not here. heck, the other male didn't even text back yet.

what a great friend you are, taehyung, jimin bitterly thought.

the mint-haired guy returned with a legitimate first-aid kit, unclasping it to reveal rolls of bandages, a pair of scissors, multiple bottles of mysterious liquids and some other stuff jimin can't be bothered to figure out the use for.

"how did you manage to get attacked by a wild animal?" the man asked, eyeing the gash and already beginning to take things out of the box and pouring disinfectant onto a cotton ball. "this will hurt, by the way."

"it wasn't a wild—fuck!" jimin cursed, closing his eyes shut at the stinging pain that littered his wound as the stranger gently dabbed the cotton ball over it.

"i wasn't asking about how wild of a fuck you had, but good to know," the man smugly commented which made jimin want to slap him.

"it was a cat," jimin said after enduring the horrid pain of the disinfectant. "it got stuck in the bushes so i just wanted to help it — didn't think that it'd fucking scratch my guts out."

the guy shook his head, muttering a low 'you're overexaggerating' and took out a roll of bandage, wrapping a decent portion around jimin's cleaned forearm and digging inside the first-aid kit for something to secure the bandages together with. "done," he announced, closing the first-aid box and standing up.

jimin stared down at his patched-up arm in awe whilst the man went to put the kit back into his porsche's trunk.

"are you a doctor?" the orangette questioned curiously, getting up on his feet and brushing the dirt and dust off his pants. "i've never met a random dude who had a first-aid kit sitting in the rear of his car."

"no, i'm a fucking cashier," the man deadpanned.

"..."

"..."

jimin's eye twitched. "uh—"

"yes," the older male replied, definitely unamused. "i'm a doctor, genius."

jimin scoffed at the other's attitude. "okay, calm down. i was just curious but now you're being such a rude piece of shi—"

"i'm the one who saved your life," the man interrupted with a scowl.

"i only injured my arm, i'm not on the verge of—"

"same fucking thing."

"stop cutting me off! and no, it isn't."

"you acted like you got freakin' stabbed. if i didn't stop to help, you probably would've wailed here 'till sunrise," the guy claimed, obviously irritated, but soon reached over to wrap his fingers around jimin's bandaged arm and bringing it up closer to his face so that he could examine it. "leave it on for a week, minimum, and don't let water touch it, alright?"

jimin nodded, slumping his shoulders in defeat and letting his arm drop back down to his side.

"name's min yoongi, i work at seoul hospital," yoongi stated, reaching into his coat's pocket to pull out a business card.

"and why would i need this?" jimin challenged with a raise of his brow.

"well, i did stop and use ten minutes of my life to help you, a complete stranger," yoongi responded with a shrug. "so, you know, maybe i deserve to be treated to fucking coffee?"

jimin sighed at the sarcasm and tucked the card into his jeans' pocket, right next to his phone which he hasn't noticed has been vibrating this whole time. "fine, whatever, only 'cause i owe you. i'll text you tomorrow," he grumbled, heading over to collect his almost forgotten bags on the ground.

"cool." yoongi smirked. "also, you're not going to tell me your name? i just told you mine, and it's only manners for you to do the same."

jimin rolled his eyes but nonetheless felt a smile tug on the corner of his mouth as he parted his lips to introduce himself,

"park jimin."