seven

taehyung slowly opened his eyes, squinting to get accustomed to all the brightness invading his vision

grunting, he pushed himself up with his elbows and frowned, gazing around the unknown room he was in. wherever he was, he was certain that, regardless of his drowsiness, it was definitely not his dorm.

the black silk sheets that once sheltered his delicate body from the harsh winter chill were carefully folded into a neat pile at the end of the bed before he got off the mattress, letting his feet sink into the soft carpet underneath.

when he got off the bed, he noticed that he slept in the same clothes he wore previously and proceeded to then look at every corner of the room. now that he was more awake, he could see the room's different features more precisely.

iron man figurines of varying sizes were lined along the desk, white t-shirts were scattered all over the floor and the shoe rack beside the door was full of timberlands.

it was quite odd to taehyung how despite not knowing where or how he got here, he didn't feel the slightest in danger. maybe it was the calming scent that this room emitted which made taehyung's tensed muscles relax, or maybe it was because that this scent somehow seemed familiar, even if it's just a little.

taking short strides towards the door, he was about to open it when his eyes caught a photo frame sitting on the shelf right above the shoe rack. upon further inspection, he gasped when he realized it was—

"hey, you're awake," a voice from the doorway shocked taehyung, causing him to scream in a rather unmanly way, tearing his eyes away from the photograph as he fell backwards onto the carpeted floor.

lifting his head upwards, he was faced with an amused jungkook leaning against the doorframe. "need a hand?" jungkook asked, smirking.

taehyung huffed as the younger's smug attitude and didn't reply while quickly getting back up on his feet. "this is your room?" taehyung questioned even though he already knew the answer.

"yeah," jungkook replied, grin fading away from his face as he seemed to remember why taehyung was here in the first place, but decided not to interrogate the older since he had just awoken. "are you hungry? i can ask my brother to cook you something," he proposed.

taehyung shook his head. "no, it's fine," he mumbled. "how long was i out for?"

jungkook hummed in thought, head whipping around to check the wall clock down the hallway. "about two hours."

"oh," taehyung sighed when he thought about the trouble he must've caused the ravenette. "sorry for uh, y'know, you carried me back here and like, yeah," he started, head hung low in shame. "you're also going to miss afternoon classes because of me, so uh, i'm so s-sorry, jungkook," he finished with a deep, apologetic and sincere bow.

jungkook smiled, feeling his own heart tighten because of how adorable the elder is when he gets flustered. with a sudden surge of confidence, he raised his hand and gently placed it on the crown of taehyung's head, patting the area of soft purple locks with such tenderness that it spawned butterflies in taehyung's stomach.