two

"are you a girl?" jungkook asked

not realizing what he said until he did, he quickly screwed his eyes shut and mentally cursed himself for being such an idiot because obviously, it was a girl—

"jerk."

a surprisingly deep voice made his eyes fly back open. his seatmate, kim taehyung, was now full-on glaring at him with piercing eyes, clearly annoyed.

"i'm a guy," taehyung corrected with a large scowl.

jungkook breath hitched, followed by long seconds of silence.

the lavender-haired lad started to drum his slim fingers on the desk, eyebrows raised and impatiently waiting for the new student's reaction.

"fuck, i'm so sorry!" jungkook suddenly exclaimed after processing everything. however, his unexpected outburst not only made taehyung jump in his seat, but caught the attention of the entire class as well, including the teacher.

"jeon jungkook!" a displeased professor young began, practically seething for having her lecture interrupted. "do i need to send you to the principal's office on your first day?"

jungkook nervously gulped, heading falling down to avoid the curious gazes from his classmates, unsure of what to say.

"miss young," he then hears taehyung getting up from his seat, voice ringing in the younger's ears. "jungkook was asking me if i could show him around the campus later, to which i responded a bit too harshly, so he was probably just really surprised by my tone. it was my bad, jungkook isn't in the wrong."

a few students clicked their tongues and a few others were shaking their heads. jungkook didn't pay attention to any of that though, because his eyes were now focused on kim taehyung, and kim taehyung only.

professor young narrowed her eyes at the two males for a while, but luckily decided to let the matter pass.

once taehyung sat back down, jungkook didn't hesitate to thank him right away.

the older rolled his eyes, the corners of his lips soon slyly curling up nevertheless. "don't get ahead of yourself, jerk," he says with that sultry voice of his which almost made jungkook forget all about his not-so-ideal greeting from earlier.

at that moment, the black-haired male figures out two things:

1. kim taehyung definitely isn't a girl.

2. kim taehyung is also undeniably gorgeous.

 kim taehyung is also undeniably gorgeous