twenty-four

jungkook smiled half-heartedly as he leaned against the wall directly opposite of the large window next to the door of taehyung's room, silently observing the deep crinkle of the older male's eyelids as he giggled at something his therapist just c...

jungkook smiled half-heartedly as he leaned against the wall directly opposite of the large window next to the door of taehyung's room, silently observing the deep crinkle of the older male's eyelids as he giggled at something his therapist just commented on.

he was proud of the elder, to say the least. over the past couple of days, taehyung has been steadily recovering from the trauma that the daehyun incident caused with the help of one of namjoon's friends and seoul's most renowned therapist, park bogum.

of course, jungkook couldn't help but keep a constant eye on taehyung when the therapy sessions start. despite knowing that therapy's the best remedy for taehyung, the ravenette couldn't prevent the painful tightening of his chest whenever he witnessed bogum and taehyung cheerfully conversing in the latter's hospital room.

there it is again, jungkook bitterly thought as he saw taehyung laughing uncontrollably at a joke that bogum must've cracked.

there were some instances where taehyung peeled his eyes away from the therapist long enough to meet gazes with jungkook — but they were simply just instances as bogum would quickly manage to get taehyung's attention back and taehyung would momentarily forget about jungkook again.

jungkook hated to admit that sometimes, he just wished that he'd never recommended therapy to taehyung.

unfortunately, that would be way too selfish of him.

he wanted to always put taehyung's happiness before his.

even if his actions would never be reciprocated.

even if that'll end up hurting jungkook more than anything.

"even if it means that i'll be watching you drift further and further away," jungkook mumbled. realizing that he'll probably get a heart combustion if he resumed standing here with his overdramatic thoughts, he decided to wander down the hall mindlessly.

he soon stopped in front of a room that gave him a much worse feeling than seeing taehyung together with bogum.

room 213 - park jimin.

gulping, he hesitantly knocked on the door albeit not expecting anyone to answer.

"come in."

jungkook inhaled sharply.

am i hearing things now? did jealously make me go mad?

should i be the one getting therapy

"are you going to come in or not?" the voice from behind the door spoke up for the second time, this time sounding a little impatient. however, jungkook discarded all the swarming notions in his panicked mind when he slowly noticed that he didn't recognize this voice at all.

cautiously pushing the door open, he spots a person in a long white coat standing right beside jimin's bed. furthermore, jungkook didn't fail to take note of their absurdly unprofessional bright mint-green hair.

"allow me to introduce myself," the man began, turning around to face jungkook and revealing himself to be surprisingly young for a doctor. "the name's min yoongi. i'm the doctor in charge of jimin."

"jimin?" jungkook quirked a brow in curiosity. "do you call all your patients with such informality?"

yoongi appeared to be slightly taken aback by the younger's instant and rather rude accusation but ended up letting a smirk stretch across his face. "oh? it seems like jimin never told you about me. that's weird, because he told me a lot about you, jeon jungkook-ssi."

"why would he tell me about you? who the hell are you supposed to be?" jungkook questioned, fists tightening nervously as he tried to disregard how this yoongi guy already knew who he was.

"i'm jimin's boyfriend," yoongi then deadpanned. "did you seriously not know?"

"what?"

"what."