seventeen

a/n: maNSAE MANSAE MANSAE YE

jungkook, with a racing heart, frenziedly looked across the busy hallways for a specific short male, which was proven to be a much harder task than he ever envisioned it to be

with a shaking grasp on his phone, he felt his breath quicken when he couldn't spot park jimin anywhere as students began swarming out of the building in crowds at the sound of the final bell of the day.

"shit," he cursed under his breath and mentally prayed that jimin hasn't left the school yet. 

please.

"woah, calm down there," a sardonic voice said from behind him. 

jungkook immediately turned around and firmly placed his hand on the person's shoulder, already knowing it was who he was looking for. "taehyungisgone," he exclaimed in a panicked tone right away, slightly startling the orange-haired boy.

"i can't understand what you're saying if you ramble it out like that," jimin pointed out and glanced around them to notice that they're still in the middle of the hall. "let's go somewhere else quieter," he said, leading the younger out the building and to an isolated corner of the courtyard before he directed his attention back at jungkook with a serious expression.

i'm scared.

"now spill. why were you trying to look for me as if your life depended on it?" jimin asked with his arms crossed in front of his chest.

i'm scared.

"you look incredibly stressed too. what happened?" jungkook cowered under the upperclassman's hard gaze and trembled.

it's my fault.

"oi, jungkook!"

please don't hate me.

"t-taehyung is missing," the ravenette finally breathed out, closing his eyes in fear of witnessing jimin's expression.

"w-what did you just say?" jimin stuttered. "no, stop joking jungkook. i know you probably hate me or something but this isn't the right time for pranks like these—"

"i'm not kidding, goddammit! taehyung is gone! he's fucking missing!" jungkook shouted, opening his eyes again to reveal watery eyes which caused jimin to halt.

jimin inhaled a huge breath and tried to steady himself as he was the older one and certainly had to be the one who remained rational in these situations, especially when jungkook was already beyond lost. 

"jungkook, i'm sorry," jimin sighed as he heard soft sobs coming from the other male. "i believe you, okay?"

jungkook nodded whilst holding back his tears. 

"can you tell me what happened? why do you say taehyung's missing?" jimin questioned as slowly as possible, attempting to hide the fact that he was beginning to get worried about his best friend's whereabouts too.

"i-i went to his house yesterday after school," jungkook paused with a little sniffle and desperately composed himself. "i texted taehyung too. he knew i was coming, but when i rang his doorbell, no one answered." jimin nodded as a sign for him to continue. "the door was open so i entered, b-but there—the furniture was all over the place and there was no sign of taehyung."

jimin gulped, trying to process everything in his mind. this kind of stuff wouldn't just happen out of nowhere. i'm pretty sure taehyung didn't have beef with anyone cruel enough to do this.

"there's also this mysterious person that texted me a few days ago," jungkook added, perking up jimin's interest further. "i think it might have a link to the person behind taehyung's disappearance, or might even be the person itself."

"show me," jimin demanded sternly.

"i kind of, uh, deleted it," jungkook trailed off nervously and saw jimin smacking his palm on his face. "sorry."

"do you at least remember what the person texted you?" jimin spoke.

"yeah, they knew information about taehyung and me.  he threatened me with something about reclaiming taehyung," jungkook responded as he recalled how the creepy conversation went, sending chills down his spine. however, jimin didn't say anything for a few seconds and jungkook started growing concerned. "should we call the—"

"we need to go to his house," jimin announced suddenly.

"w-what? why?" jungkook frowned, not exactly wanting to return to relive the nightmare of seeing the mess in taehyung's place.

and that's when he noticed the absolute distress within the elder's irises.

"that bastard must've left something behind," jimin hissed.