THREE|THORN

"Stay away from Amelia, she's dangerous

"Stay away from Amelia, she's dangerous."
"Bad things happen around her"

***

The Doctor's van sped down the highway, and through the window the trees blurred into one monotonous green line.

"So where exactly are we going." I questioned, shifting in my seat to face the doctor.

"We're going to a pack named Black Thorn, though I have to warn you, the Alpha... he can be quite... ruthless."

"The Alpha?.. He can kiss my ass." I deadpanned, rolling my eyes at her.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw her visibly tense,
"Well, your just going to have to submit for once. Please Amelia, you don't understand how much power the Alpha has...Trust me." She said placing her hand on my arm for reassurance, I blanched away from her touch and slapped her hand away.

"Don't fucking touch me." I hissed.

Hurt flickered into her face, but I didn't care.
Because that's what I do.
I hurt people.

Sometimes by accident.
Sometimes on purpose.

People always end up hurt around me anyways, that's why I could never let anyone get close enough, for me to care, to trust, to love.

I could never.

I had spent years building up my walls, I was not going to let them crumble to ashes for anyone, friend or foe.

"Why don't you like people touching you?"

I pinched the bridge of my nose, trying to restrain myself from killing the damn woman.

Images flashes through my mind, bad memories that would never fade no matter how hard I tried.

The memories of the orphanage, of how they would hurt me.
The memories of the asylum, how the guards would touch me.

Never again.

I was weak then, I couldn't fight back. I thought it was all my fault that I was like this.

-But I was not that scared little girl anymore.
The asylum had stamped out whatever goodness or purity I had left in my rose petal skin, leaving me with only the thorns of betrayal wrapped tightly around my heart.

They all got they're comeuppance anyways.
They were all six feet under now.
They deserved every moment of torture they got.
Every kiss of a blade, every crack of a bone.
They deserved it all.

I had never cared about anyone.
Except one.

One mistake, one big trip up.
I shouldn't have let him get close enough for me to care.
In the end... it only resulted in both of us getting hurt.

He had a name once, but not anymore. He and he left me.
Now he was just another name on a long list of mistakes I had made.

He had left me alone to the beastly children at the orphanage.

The adults were cruel.
Children where crueller.

They would poke fun, isolate and intimidate.
Until one day, I snapped.
I snapped and fought back, except I was stronger than any of them could have ever imagined.

-Stronger than even I knew.

The day I snapped, the day of my first black out, the day I revealed my true colours, my true insanity.

That was the day that I was sent off to the Penhurst Asylum for the criminally insane, at the mere age of fifteen.
I was by far the youngest of the inmates, so that instantly made me a target.
A target for the other inmates, a target for the guards.

Sometimes when I was alone in my cell with no superiors around the guards would hold me down, I could still feel their hands touching me in ways no grown man should ever touch a child.

They where sick.
-Twisted.
They knew I couldn't fight back.
-Untill one day I did.

I killed them all.
One by one, I killed them.

The walls ran red with their blood, and that's when I realised... I enjoyed it.
I enjoyed killing, because for once, I was in control.

I savoured every moment, and when I was done, I didn't run, I didn't to flee the scene.
I stood there, and waited for the others to come.
So that they would see what I had done.
So that they could witness my master piece.

-And I relished their fear.
It fuelled me on to commit further monstrous acts.
-Like the animal I was.

"Amelia?... you didn't answer my question." Came doctor O'Connor's calm voice.

I clenched my jaw and narrowed my eyes at her.
"Eyes on the road." I snapped, she turned back to face the wheel, obviously noticing that I ignored her question.

But the truth was... it was none of her business.
No one knew me well enough to ask questions like that.
-And I would make sure, that no one ever got close enough to know the answer.

***
Don't forget to vote and comment!
-🍟