THIRTYTWO|MARUS

I tugged the thin material over his hard body, my hands shook with anticipation of what was promised to me

I tugged the thin material over his hard body, my hands shook with anticipation of what was promised to me. I roughly undid his belt, my fingers suddenly deft in their eagerness. I slid my hands down the sides of his torso, beneath the little layers of clothing that still remained between us.

Our bodies joined, hungry sounds escaping into the clouded air.
"Marus." I breathed, as he walked us back, up against the edge of the single bed and I broke away; placing both palms on his chest, I pushed so he toppled backwards onto the covers. He laughed at my audacity, the throaty rumble sending a chorus of electricity to my core, as I crawled up to straddle him.

He sat up, holding my hips in place, "Why so brave all of a sudden?" Even though his eyes were smiling they were also scorching with his unguarded want.

He grunted as I rocked my self against him, his teeth bared as if in pain as he fought to hold himself off. I groaned in pleasure, one hand finding a grip on his hair as my lips crashed against his.

"Amelia." He growled as he pulled away.

But his face spun and distorted, I fell hard.

***
Someone banged on the door.
"Amelia." The voice was no longer his, instead the that of Hades replaced it, but his voice was not coated in lust, instead he sounded stern.

Hades was not Marus.
They would never be the same.

And I could never pretend they were.
Never.

I hated him.
I hated Marus, I had too.

He left me when I needed him most. Abandoning me into the claws of those I hated most.

But Hades had me now, I would not leave him. Marus ran away without me, he obviously didn't want me.

If I tried hard enough, I could pretend that they were the same. I could hate them both. They both used me.

Hades used me to show a united front to the other packs. We were not united, we were broken.

Marus only wanted my body, he never truly cared. He said he did, but he lied.
Hades pounded on the door.
"Amelia, come. We're already late as it is, and everyone is waiting on us."

I stood up in the blood red floor length dress that one of the females had chosen me for the night of the ball, my face accented with makeup that the same female had done for me, Justine I believe her name was.

The dress was a deep scarlet , dark lace clung tightly to my chest and waist, whilst the silken skirt flowed effortlessly to my feet. My raven hair was in a perfectly sculpted messy bun, dark tendrils of hair framing my face.

I swung the door open to reveal Hades, dressed in a dark tuxedo, a scarlet rose tucked inside his front pocket. Heat pooled somewhere deep in my stomach, a poisonous mix of anxiety and attraction. My fingers itches to reach out and touch him, I clenched them tight by my sides to stop any urges.

A shiver ran down my spine and the hairs on the back of my neck stood on end as I watched his eyes drag up my form. His entire body was tense, muscles pulled taught. He was working hard to restrain himself. Usually that thought would fill me with a smug discourse, but in this moment it only made my body grow warmer, a cold sweat beginning to gather on my palms.

"You look beautiful." He said, his eyes dark and predatory.

I tried to smile, but I couldn't.
I would have to spend the evening in a hall full of Alpha's and Luna's, the very people I hated.
I would never fit in, I would never be one of them.
I was forever an outcast.

"Let's go, I want to get this over and done with as quickly as possible." I grunted, anxiety beginning to gnaw at the edges of my stomach.

"We'll be out of there by midnight" he replied, motioning for me to follow.

"For your sake and mine, I hope you're right."

***
I know this is Literally such a shit chapter hit at least it has some more info about Marus n Amelia's previous lover. I know a lot of u may find this book very confusing so if u have any questions feel free to ask
Anyways...
Don't forget to vote and comment!
-🍟